Meal ideas for a college dorm room?

Options
I'm currently interning and living on a college campus so my only meal options are what I can fit in a mini-fridge and can cook in a microwave. That being said I'm totally at a loss of what to eat for meals that don't feel like snacks and aren't just frozen vegetables. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Depending on how clean you want to eat, I love Morningstar vegetarian burgers, and Boca has a great vegan option with 17 g. of protein! :D

Also, little greek yogurts are super delicious and you can fit a lot of them into a mini fridge. :)
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I just graduated but luckily this year got as a gift from my dad a mini fridge with a full mini freezer so that helped. Before that I would pre-cook chicken/fish or do canned tuna for protein. There are also egg whites and/or turkey dogs.

Starch wise anything goes really. Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, frozen peas/corn, etc.

For fruits just went with fruit or frozen fruit once got my mini freezer.

Dairy wise greek yogurts, cheese, etc.

lots of salads with spinach and some of my chicken or tuna. Or use corn tortillas and chicken/fish with brocolli slaw and have fish tacos.

Potatoes and peas with chicken.

Also beans you can do with rice and tuna.

Tons of options and also quick google search healthy college meals probably help.

Oh...and good old PB&J if you are in a rush
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    Breakfast:
    -Microwavable oatmeal packets, add protein powder and milk
    -Greek yogurt

Lunch/Dinner:
    -Healthy Soups
    -Sandwiches or wraps with deli meat and cheese, hummus
    -Sweet potatoes can be easily microwaved

Snacks: