thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet here?
    How fast did you lose the weight?
    wow. just wow.
  • WolnaDusza
    WolnaDusza Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No offense, friend, but you're better than this fad diet. Can you really keep yourself to 5 bites? Why would you want to.....
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it? If it's only 5 bites in a day then i'd suggest against it. Now if it's 5 bites per meal.... were getting more reasonable... that is... 8 meals per day. It sounds like a silly idea though.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um no. Just no.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No sorry. I did the count calories, lift heavy stuff diet.

Good luck
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Found from the following article;

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/five-bite-diet-work-9698.html

On this diet, you skip breakfast and are allowed only five bites of food at lunch and five bites of food at dinner. You can also drink as much as you want as long as you stick to beverages without calories. Even if you take really large bites and eat foods high in calories, this will still be a very low-calorie crash diet, most likely providing fewer than 800 calories per day. The Weight-control Information Network recommends not going on a VLCD unless you are under the supervision of a doctor, since these diets can be risky for your health. Crash diets can cause your metabolism to slow down, decrease your immune function and cause heart palpitations, according to an article published on CNN.com in April 2010.

It states in that paragraph you are looking at fewer than 800 calories per day, which I think everyone can agree is a little extreme. Have a read of the article link, it provides some great alternatives.

Good luck on your journey!
  • jenniferv38
    jenniferv38 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the "5 bite diet" so I googled it. This sounds horrible...I would never survive on this. It suggests you skip breakfast and then eat 5 bites at lunch and 5 bites at dinner. Only 10 bites of food a day? It sounds like a dangerous crash diet.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Almost as dangerous, and much less effective than a one-inch punch.
    one-inch_punch.gif

I recommend staying away from both.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'll add the 5 bite diet to my 1 glass diet.

mWw9Pfm.png
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the "5 bite diet" so I googled it. This sounds horrible...I would never survive on this. It suggests you skip breakfast and then eat 5 bites at lunch and 5 bites at dinner. Only 10 bites of food a day? It sounds like a dangerous crash diet.

exactly what I did, and to be honest there is almost no articles/information that suggest it is a good thing, they pretty much all advise against it. Which in the world of Google is showing something.....

Very dangerous and very bad for your body.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This just sounds like a bad idea. OP, there is no fast track to losing weight. Just eat at a deficit and be patient. Your body will thank you.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    kgface.gif

Why are you trying to lose weight fast? Why don't you look into reasonable approaches such as maybe tracking your calories & hitting decent macros? That diet sounds incredibly miserable.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh dear lord.......
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    the 4 bite diet is 20 percent better.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    the 4 bite diet is 20 percent better.