extra weight and skin

Options
If I only walk is there anyway to get rid of muffin top? If anyone can help please do.

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can lose weight by walking. You can lose weight without exercise at all if you watch what you eat. You need to eat less calories than you burn to create a deficit. Then you will lose weight.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you are also eating less calories than your body uses each day. Do you track your calories? Have you let MFP set a calorie goal for you based on information you input? Have you purchased a food scale and are you weighing your food and selecting the best choice from the database?

There is no way to know when you will lose the muffin top during your weight loss journey however. I've lost 30 pounds so far and the fat is going from lots of places, not just one area. I have lots to lose though. I noticed it first in my face. I'm just now starting to notice it right below my waist, which I think is the muffin top area, right? I have gone down 2 sizes and would have to say that all parts of me are getting smaller. Eventually all the "trouble" areas will lose the stored fat, but I have no idea when my thighs will be a lot smaller, and that is the area I'm really looking forward to.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    Yes. You can lose weight by walking. You can lose weight without exercise at all if you watch what you eat. You need to eat less calories than you burn to create a deficit. Then you will lose weight.

^^This, and add, you can't target specific areas of weight loss. Eat at a deficit, and you will lose weight. You lose enough weight, you lose muffin top. You buy a pair of jeans that fit properly, and you lose muffin top too.
  • ragdolltiff
    Options
    You have to weigh your food? Why? Where do I get a food scale? How much is it supposed to weigh?
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    food scales are relatively inexpensive (mine was $15) and you can get them almost anywhere that has kitchen equipment these days. one serving of meat should be about 4 oz. The food database here is flexible and allows you to pretty much put in the exact amount you are eating (change a serving to 1 oz and put in... say... 5.3 servings if you have 5.3 oz). it really helps manage your portion control. i had no idea how much i was overeating until i started using my food scale.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, in order to accurately track your food you need to weigh all solid foods. You determine how much each portion weighs on things like meat depending on how many calories of that food you want to eat. An "average" serving of meat might be between 3 and 5 ounces, for example. But say you are making a salad with several proteins like meat and cheese or eggs, then you might want just an ounce of ham or turkey (again, just an example) because you are also adding an ounce of cheese or an egg.

You can buy a food scale at places like Walmart or Target, some grocery stores, and lots of drug stores depending on where you live.

There is a good post on logging your food accurately. I will find it and edit this post to include the link.

Here you go: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+accurately
  • ragdolltiff
    Options
    ty so very much
  • ragdolltiff
    Options
    ty so very much
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Muffin tops come when people are wearing clothes that flat out don't fit. Just because you can close the button doesn't mean the pants fit. By wearing a bigger size, you will immediately look better.

You have to weigh your food because how else do you know how much you're eating? Without knowing how much you're eating, you can't figure out how many calories you're eating so you won't be able to figure out your deficit which makes it a lot harder to lose weight.