IS THIS TRUE?

Options
I had my first Starbucks frappe today... The heat in Austin is getting to met so I finally figured I'd try one. I got a skim mocha frappe, tall, no whip. I sipped it and found it blissful. I expected it to be so many calories... But it was only 110!! What a delightful surprise!

What lower calorie Starbucks (iced) drinks to you enjoy and recommend?

Replies

• rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's not iced but the skinny vanilla latte are also low in calories (relatively speaking)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    You can get the skinny vanilla latte iced - a venti is only 110 calories I think. Also, I love the iced passion tea and if you get it unsweetened it's only around five calories! You can add splenda or sugar to sweeten if you want and it remains pretty reasonable, especially with the splenda!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When it's hot I just like to get my coffee iced. No sweetener, just a splash of milk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When it's hot I just like to get my coffee iced. No sweetener, just a splash of milk.

This. A place near me does cold brew with coffee cubes in it...wonderful

I used to be a Starbucks fanatic but now if I end up there I am more likely to have a black coffee (hot or iced) and a cookie or pastry instead of the 400 calorie lattes I used to favor ;-) Still the same cals but more satisfying to me.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

me too but not milk, no sweetner
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is true. I think a grande version has 150

Starbucks is pretty good for giving low calorie options
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Iced Americano. Less than 20 calories, or you can add milk - or even whip! - and keep it around 100.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I had my first Starbucks frappe today... The heat in Austin is getting to met so I finally figured I'd try one. I got a skim mocha frappe, tall, no whip. I sipped it and found it blissful. I expected it to be so many calories... But it was only 110!! What a delightful surprise!

What lower calorie Starbucks (iced) drinks to you enjoy and recommend?
    Seems about right.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/mocha-frappuccino-light-blended-coffee#size=11003784&milk=61
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I rarely go to Starbucks but if I do I just get a regular coffee with cream and a little sugar.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This. A place near me does cold brew with coffee cubes in it...wonderful

I used to be a Starbucks fanatic but now if I end up there I am more likely to have a black coffee (hot or iced) and a cookie or pastry instead of the 400 calorie lattes I used to favor ;-) Still the same cals but more satisfying to me.

Ooooo. Coffee cubes. I hate when iced coffee = watered down coffee.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Iced Americano. Less than 20 calories, or you can add milk - or even whip! - and keep it around 100.

Iced Americano no cream/milk , no sugar/sweetener has 4 calories for 12oz and since I make it at home this amount costs me about US$-.10 to make. The same coffee, but of a lesser quality ( my coffee at home is Marago Gype) costs the equivalent of almost 3.- US$ at Starbucks.....
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always get the same thing:
    "I would like the largest size you have of the Passion iced tea with 1/2 sweetener"

Crazy delicious... and very refreshing. (too bad they don't come in "small garbage can" size)

Unlike those gross "Refreshers" drinks they had. One straight up tasted like a Christmas tree.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts has both cookie dough and butter pecan iced coffee - it's 170 calories for a medium if you get it "black," which just means no added milk or sugar. The stuff they use is sweetened, basically coffeemate so I find it really doesn't need any added milk.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Iced Americano no cream/milk , no sugar/sweetener has 4 calories for 12oz and since I make it at home this amount costs me about US$-.10 to make. The same coffee, but of a lesser quality ( my coffee at home is Marago Gype) costs the equivalent of almost 3.- US$ at Starbucks.....
    Quality is a somewhat nebulous thing with coffee and many other beverages. Cognitive dissonance can often seem to hit some folks regarding price in both directions, depending on their POV. I understand that you prefer your homemade Americano. Please do not begrudge me my preference. The OP asked specifically about Starbucks, so that helped to inform my response.
  • becominglexi
    becominglexi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh man that's my favorite drink! That with one of those packs of freeze-dried fruit!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Marago Gype is amazing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You might like an iced misto. Half coffee, half milk. You can get a skinny flavor syrup added to it.