Stopped exercising = lost weight

Options
I haven't worked out in about 10 days due to end of year activities and such for my kids. My weight loss has been stalled for 2 months. Today, I weighed and I've lost 2 lbs in a few days.

I plan to get back to exercise today now that everything is done but is there some reason why a vacation from exercise would suddenly cause me to start losing again?
Thanks!

Replies

• warrio1010
    warrio1010 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating at a consistent calorie intake, then maybe you were more active without exercise (NEAT)?

Also, don't rely on one day's weigh-in because you could quite easily fluctuate back up another 2 lbs tomorrow (water weight), rather, weigh yourself once a week OR every day and take an average for the week and use the average as your weight.
  • Mr_AH
    Mr_AH Posts: 32
    Options
    Have you recalculated your calorie in take during that two months? If you've lost weight you'll need to decrease your calorie amount (or increase your exercise amount).

Taking a few days off exercise is ok every now and then (by that I mean instead of going for a big run, go for a fast paced walk) but the few lbs will likely be water weight.

If you could give us a few more details that would help, as would opening your diary.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Cause and effect ....... We have so many variables in our lives that it's difficult to always directly attribute one affect with a single cause.

So because you stopped exercising and lost weight it does not follow that one thing caused the other.
  • miowlet
    miowlet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I was doing Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred daily for over a week. Scales and body fat weren't yet budging. Then I stopped all together and weight and body fat just started to slide off. It takes me heaps of time and effort to lose weight and all of a sudden it starts steadily dropping??
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    I haven't worked out in about 10 days due to end of year activities and such for my kids. My weight loss has been stalled for 2 months. Today, I weighed and I've lost 2 lbs in a few days.

I plan to get back to exercise today now that everything is done but is there some reason why a vacation from exercise would suddenly cause me to start losing again?
    Thanks!

Some people retain water from exercise/recovery. When I ran marathons I would notice this during heavy workout periods.