Help! I'm not losing weight

Options
Hello, I've upped my workouts and I've been trying to eat healthy, but I'm gaining weight. I look terrible and I don't know what to do. Do I just have to wait it out? I'm losing motivation :/

Replies

• warrio1010
    warrio1010 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you count calories? If not, use this site to learn how.

If you do count calories, make sure you track everything that enters your mouth on every day of the week.

If the above is in place and you don't lose weight for 2-3 weeks, lower calories by a couple hundred.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've upped my workouts and I've been trying to eat healthy, but I'm gaining weight. I look terrible and I don't know what to do. Do I just have to wait it out? I'm losing motivation :/

If you upped your workouts it is probably water retention...

But I looked at your diary and you are not eating healthy...you are netting under 1k calories a day that is not healthy.

And based on previous posts this is a common occuarance for you.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

If you upped your workouts it is probably water retention...

But I looked at your diary and you are not eating healthy...you are netting under 1k calories a day that is not healthy.

And based on previous posts this is a common occuarance for you.

^^^ this, this, THIS! ^^^
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Waits for ED indicators......
  • melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    They are right. Your food diary suggests that you eat very little and I cant see any vegetables. Your body needs good nutrition to loose weight. Your efforts at the gym wont pay off until your diet improves. I was in the same boat - eating very little and working out but remained at a plateau until I read up and improved the nourishment that my body gets. Try reading something like master your metabolism by Jillian Michaels.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If u have upped exercise why are you not logging it? So you are eating under 1000 cals a day and exercising, maybe your body is shutting down...
  • steephx0x
    steephx0x Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If u have upped exercise why are you not logging it? So you are eating under 1000 cals a day and exercising, maybe your body is shutting down...

I use a different app to track my exercise, so it's easier to keep them seperate. I've been trying to increase intake but I don't have the appetite. I am on two different medicines that reduce appetite and I don't have other options for meds. As far as my doctor is concerned I'm not underweight or malnourished
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I use a different app to track my exercise, so it's easier to keep them seperate. I've been trying to increase intake but I don't have the appetite. I am on two different medicines that reduce appetite and I don't have other options for meds. As far as my doctor is concerned I'm not underweight or malnourished

Why keep them separate? Other than to try and justify your under eating.
  • italianspyce
    italianspyce Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the recommend...gonna download it on kobo today..
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eat healthier - including vege's. Cut the carbs and increase your protein. Get your calorie count up, your body is probably going into starvation mode and holding onto every calorie you give it.
  • steephx0x
    steephx0x Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Why keep them separate? Other than to try and justify your under eating.
    I use an app with a GPS tracker for running, and it's easier to look at my progress for the entire month. Also; many of the calories burned in the app are highly inaccurate. It's also just tedious to log in two apps, when I have one that can show me graphs and stuff of my progress for exercise
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AGirrl
    AGirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, I'm a patient (was there too.) I just want to share my experience, and how I managed to move forward from plateau. I changed my protein goal so that I would consume more protein/fibre and less carbs. I saw in your diary that you usually start your day w/ wheat bread, I wouldn't recommend that. In fact, in order to start losing weight, I had to cut out bread entirely from my menu. Even one slice of it can make a difference, trust me. I would start my day w/ high protein and fibre intake that would keep me sated until dinner. I also avoid sugary/salty snacks (bars etc.) I substitute them w/ regular nuts (around 100gr, cashew nuts, for example, or any ones that you like.) I also drink plenty of water w/ raw lemon juice.Try it also, it can't be too hard!