Wondering if anyone else has used the Kinect to lose any wei

Options
Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone else has used the Kinect for Xbox360 to exercise and if they were successful? So far my husband and I use the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for the last few days (we started our lifestyle changes on Saturday) and I also use the Dance Central game for days when I just don't feel like doing "exercise" I just wanted to know if these were effective enough, we are roughly doing 30 min a day give or take 5 or 10 min.

I find with the Your Shape game sometimes I am doing the movement that the trainer is doing but it keeps saying I am out of rhythm :(

Replies

• xxjessikatxx
    Options
    i play dance central for about and hour or more a day but in an hour i burn 300 calories dancing is great for you..But if you dont know the moves and what not well it will be less calories...I think its a great thing no one said you have to go to a gym..Keep it up.Dont feel discouraged if at first you gain some weight because your gaining muscle.
  • emichele20
    Options
    I do use it. I have dance central and kinect sports. I also use them for when I dont feel like exercising too :). I think that the important thing is just to keep your body moving. I personally do not want track my weight loss when using it because to me it would take the fun out of it. Especially when I am beating my husband :). They do have a game for kinect that does all of that for you. It is the EA Sports Active two. This puppy monitors everything.

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JFCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294689493&sr=8-1
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the Dance Central game and i swear that HAS to be a workout. I played that for like 45 minutes straight (just Performing) MAN my legs were tired.

LOVE IT, let me know how the Fitness game goes... it just maybe an investment i need :)
  • andro12
    andro12 Posts: 18
    Options
    On Dance Central there is a workout mode that will track calories burned as well as time dancing, in case anyone else was using it as well. You put in your weight and it is supposed to calculate how many calories you have burned.

I like the Your Shape game as well, the only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to be catching my movements accurately enough but it is funny when the pets come into the floor mat and then walk away turning into bubbles or flower petals... I find that amusing :)
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm starting the Your Shape tonight and start tracking it. From what I read online it's one of the better fitness games out there.

I've already done the fitness test and 2 of the programs to see what it's going to be like. I find that it does say I'm out of sync sometimes but I'm sure that will improve with time and upgrades to the system (which I highly recommend doing).

I didn't know the Dance Central has a workout mode on it to track calories. That one's a lot of fun to have kids doing...especially songs from back in the day (70's & 80's) with those funky dance moves.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    On Dance Central there is a workout mode that will track calories burned as well as time dancing, in case anyone else was using it as well. You put in your weight and it is supposed to calculate how many calories you have burned.

I like the Your Shape game as well, the only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to be catching my movements accurately enough but it is funny when the pets come into the floor mat and then walk away turning into bubbles or flower petals... I find that amusing :)

OMG, I am going home tonight to check this out! super excited!
  • Niafania
    Options
    :drinker: Kinect Dance central gives a great work out
  • Mikebusch
    Options
    My wife uses Dance central but I don't have any moves for that. I have been boxing just for fun and been getting a great workout, winded and sweaty. I am not replacing my other daily workouts but it certainly never hurts to get that heart rate up.
  • Niafania
    Options
    have you tried the boxing on the kinect motion sports
  • Niafania
    Options
    will do the dance central for 30days to see how i do on losing the weight then i will try the biggestloser game i believe its out !!?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend using the heart rate monitor for Kinect...I have a real HRM and the one on xbox is way off...I do Your Shape Fitness..love the cardio boxing...and yes, I'm never in rhythm with my trainer either...tonight I start Dance Central, I just bought it yesterday