SUDDEN ONSET OF INSATIABLE APPETITE!!!!!

Options
What is my problem?! I have recently been starving!!!!!! Honestly, waking up at 3 am starving! Stomach growling! What gives?!

I used to have difficulty meeting my calorie goals! (especially on workout days)

I have ramped up the workouts a little with my PT. Hitting weights a bit harder.

Before you ask.....its not TOM. My babymaker is closed!

I am getting pretty frustrated!

Please by all means, look at my diary. It is open. Look at my workouts. I never got into the habit of logging my water but I have 8-10 8oz cups of water per day.

Be honest, be kind and please HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Took a peek at your diary, could it be that you're under-eating almost every single day?

It doesn't seem like you come close to hitting your calorie goal very often. Also, your base calories are set pretty low to start with. So, once you exercise, you're going to need more fuel.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Proteins and fats, you need more, especially the proteins. I am always ravenous for a week after I bump up my weight work, so I'm not sure there's much you could do in the short term other than give yourself time to adjust, but long term, I only went back about a week but every day but today I would say your protein intake was too low.

ETA: upping your calories will depend on your numbers, but that may also be an important option. If you haven't read this link yet, take a few minutes to peruse.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Pregnant
  • jpvanzut
    jpvanzut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Took a peek at your diary, could it be that you're under-eating almost every single day?

It doesn't seem like you come close to hitting your calorie goal very often. Also, your base calories are set pretty low to start with. So, once you exercise, you're going to need more fuel.

agreed
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Undereating and low on protein. Eat more, you need to fuel those workouts.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just cant rap my mind around "the fat girl NOT eating enough!" I am eating 3 meals a day plus snacks that 90% of the time are healthy.

I don't understand ( u think I would! I have been logging since Sept!) how eating back the calories I burn makes a darn bit of sense!!!!!
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Totally not preggo. I wish but had a hysto 5 yrs ago
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I just cant rap my mind around "the fat girl NOT eating enough!" I am eating 3 meals a day plus snacks that 90% of the time are healthy.

I don't understand ( u think I would! I have been logging since Sept!) how eating back the calories I burn makes a darn bit of sense!!!!!

I'm 5'8" 166lbs, down from 196lbs. I eat between 2300 and 2500 calories a day. I lift for about an hour 4 times a week and I make sure to eat AT LEAST 120g or protein a day. Again, your numbers will depend on your specific stats, but you absolutely do need to be eating enough (not too much, just enough), especially if your trainer is having you do more weight work.
  • jodymaro1
    jodymaro1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and fiber and drink water, 8-10 a day. Stay away from diet sodas and sugar substitutes that you possibly may be adding to coffee. Minimize alcohol consumption, if you drink. Do you weight train at all? I find that if you exercise too much, you could actually burn muscle away, which is a no-no. Eat the calories that is set for your weight loss and try to add some weight training to your routine on days that you don't do cardio. Hope this helps! Feel free to write or add me. :)
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You had a good day today but most of your days you're not even meeting your base 1550 calories. That's not good, especially since you're having hunger issues.

Try eating your 1550 minimum for a while and see how you feel. You have a roughly 70 lbs to lose which puts you in the obese range so I'm not going to push exercise calories, but you should be eating more every day.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Probably not eating enough. How Long have you been having this issue? If you can, go back to your diary before the appetite started and see if there's any changes in diet/ calorie consumption.

I recently started tracking my fibre in my settings which you may find useful to.

As for eating back exercise calories, you need to fuel yourself adequately so you don't burn out. Diet is for weight loss, exercise is for overall fitness. At leAst eat back half your cals burned.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amy, for me, when I eat too many carbs, it seems to stimulate my appetite. You might try to tweak your carbs so you are eating less. Hope you can find a solution soon, sweetie!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Just because you are eating multiple meals per day does not mean you're eating enough. A lot of days you are underlogging a lot.

It makes sense because MFP takes into consideration your BMR AND your activity level when assigning your calorie goals. Your deficit to lose weight is already built in to your daily calorie goals. So when you exercise, you're netting even less. You should eat back at least part of your exercise calories, because it is bringing you closer to the daily goal you should be netting (the number that appears at the bottom before you log a single thing into your day).
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and support! Any specific calorie dense healthy protein laden foods you might suggest?
  • LadyLib82
    LadyLib82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, on toast with slices of banana. Or a spoonful mixed with soft cheese and served with sliced apple :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and support! Any specific calorie dense healthy protein laden foods you might suggest?

Cheese, roasted chicken/turkey, Greek yogurt - all are high in protein.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    LadyLib.....That does sound delish!!!!