Food Diary Help

Options
Would anyone mind having a look at my diary... suggestions welcome. Have 80lbs to lose. Finding difficulty in feeling full x x

Replies

• stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Looks great. All your macros are in the green too. Mine-especially sodium are in the red usually. Looks very healthy as well. Looks like you're well on your way.
  • stv1520
    Options
    Also---I have trouble feeling full as well. Really up your water intake-that helps with the feeling. Also- more protein. I always eat eggs in the morning, and oatmeal. It keeps me full a long time. If I feel hungry, I drink water.
  • StazLR
    StazLR Posts: 3
    Options
    water water water! That should help your stomach feel fuller.
  • stv1520
    Options
    Also---I have trouble feeling full as well. Really up your water intake-that helps with the feeling. Also- more protein. I always eat eggs in the morning, and oatmeal. It keeps me full a long time. If I feel hungry, I drink water.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I notice your ticker says you have 28lbs to lose and that makes me curious how you've set your goals if you actually have 80lbs to lose. Just curious.

A couple of things. Water will help stave off hunger a bit and it is critical that you are getting a minimum of 8 cups each day. Actually, you want to take your current weight in pounds, divide that number by half and that is the number of ounces you should be drinking every day. I'm at 12-14 cups if I am drinking water like it's my job.

I would also suggest making sure you are eating back more of your exercise calories on days when you have larger burns. Though exercise burns tend to be overestimated, if you are hungry, eat them back.

I recently customized my macro goals to decrease my carb percentage and increase my protein and fat percentages. Protein and fat will always make you feel fuller longer. I try to make sure my snacks lean more in the direction of protein than carbs.

Go back through your diary and look at the days when you were very close to your calorie goals and try to remember how those days went for you hunger wise. Use the Notes for logging different things you are trying, and how the day went. It will help as you look back.

There is a lot of trial and error on this journey and you will find your way. Keep reaching out. And good luck.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I can't see your macro for fiber but you may want to temporarily move that into your diary just to see how high it is. Fat, protein, and fiber all help most people feel full longer. So you may want to try tweaking your intake of those up a bit even if it means cutting a tad on carbs.

HTH :flowerforyou:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Looks great. All your macros are in the green too. Mine-especially sodium are in the red usually. Looks very healthy as well. Looks like you're well on your way.

This is why i have an issue with the green and red values.

The intake you have set up with MFP are minimums - you should almost always be within a couple of your set number.

Green is not always a good thing, especially if you consistantly have 500 calories left to eat - 100g of carbs - 40g of protein

I aim to hit my macors daily (before exercise) for the minimum I set up.

OP - To feel fuller eat more Protein and fat, drink more water, eat to your calorie goal. Leaving 400 calories on the table is another reason you are hungry
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I notice your ticker says you have 28lbs to lose and that makes me curious how you've set your goals if you actually have 80lbs to lose. Just curious.

A couple of things. Water will help stave off hunger a bit and it is critical that you are getting a minimum of 8 cups each day. Actually, you want to take your current weight in pounds, divide that number by half and that is the number of ounces you should be drinking every day. I'm at 12-14 cups if I am drinking water like it's my job.

I would also suggest making sure you are eating back more of your exercise calories on days when you have larger burns. Though exercise burns tend to be overestimated, if you are hungry, eat them back.

I recently customized my macro goals to decrease my carb percentage and increase my protein and fat percentages. Protein and fat will always make you feel fuller longer. I try to make sure my snacks lean more in the direction of protein than carbs.

Go back through your diary and look at the days when you were very close to your calorie goals and try to remember how those days went for you hunger wise. Use the Notes for logging different things you are trying, and how the day went. It will help as you look back.

There is a lot of trial and error on this journey and you will find your way. Keep reaching out. And good luck.

To piggy back this, I went in and customized my macros to 40% Carbs, 30% Protein and 30% Fat. I know a lot of people have noticed the macros MFP gives are pretty low on protein. Give that a shot, the more protein and fat you have the fuller you will feel :)
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for all your advice guys n gals.

Re my weight loss. For some reason I put in what I needed to lose previously, as already lost some. I now need to lose 3 stone, so 42lbs. I don't know why ticker says 28lbs.

I don't want to eat my full extra calories on days I exercise, as surely that will mean I wont lose, just maintain. Im thinking of including extra protein shake on workout days. Im trying to eat low carb, but not eliminate them, but I find it hard to create low cost high protein meals.

Im wondering if some of it is psychological, and maybe im not actually hungry. Hoping that my body gets used to the changes soon, its driving me crazy