How to make a weight Loss without excercises?

Options
How to make a weight Loss without excercises?

Replies

• ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit. End of.

You don't have to exercise at all.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I get so ticked at all the "experts" who have sold people on the idea that the only way to lose weight is diet AND exercise. And because some people lack the time, motivation or physical ability to exercise, they just figure they are incapable of losing and might as well just embrace being fat.

Exercise is great for health, both physical and mental. It makes you feel good and will assist with weight loss. But, as the other posters said, weight loss is about a calorie deficit. Exercise if you want, but it's not at all necessary.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit.

Why wouldn't you want to exercise?

could be a "can't" exercise...
  • 0Amra
    0Amra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than your body requires to maintain your current weight. That's it, no exercise required.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    As has been noted above you can sit in front of a computer and lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. However unless you are in the unfortunate position of being unable to exercise I would REALLY recommend doing so. And this is coming from someone who loathed exercise less than 6 months ago. Now I would get cranky if i actually had to sit in front of a computer all day.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I get so ticked at all the "experts" who have sold people on the idea that the only way to lose weight is diet AND exercise. And because some people lack the time, motivation or physical ability to exercise, they just figure they are incapable of losing and might as well just embrace being fat.

Exercise is great for health, both physical and mental. It makes you feel good and will assist with weight loss. But, as the other posters said, weight loss is about a calorie deficit. Exercise if you want, but it's not at all necessary.

^^This.

I've lost most of mine through dietary modification only so far. I walk a bit because I enjoy it, but it's not enough to make any significant difference. It might take perhaps slightly more discipline in weighing and measuring everything than if you add in a small cushion of a few exercise calories, but then, that focus on being accurate is probably a good thing in general, and my impression is that it's all too easy to overestimate how many calories exercise burns in any case.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    you eat less....
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Eat less. If you are looking to improve muscle tone and definition, exercise.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit.

Dificit = eat less calories than what you need to maintain your current weight.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Apple Diet?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm unable to exercise and I've lost 15 lbs so far just eating at a calorie deficit.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

There's a variety of cleanses you can choose from too. I really like the apple & water one.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its all about how many calories you consume vs. use.

BUT if exercise is more than you can handle, consider this: its beneficial to increase your activity level, even in little amounts, if you can.
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    it will be ok at first but at some point you're gonna have to do something if you want to reach your goal!
  • tlb1175
    tlb1175 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    At the start of my diet I was not doing any exercise and lost weight. Now that I am on my second and final ten pounds I am eating the same but have put in some exercise (walking a mile a day plus some sit-ups, lunges, planks etc.) and I can not tell I am loosing any faster but I can tell I am firmer & my body is getting a better shape to it. IMO if you do not do any kind of exercise you will loose weight but you may be what is referred to as skinny fat.... what I kinda am right now.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    At the start of my diet I was not doing any exercise and lost weight. Now that I am on my second and final ten pounds I am eating the same but have put in some exercise (walking a mile a day plus some sit-ups, lunges, planks etc.) and I can not tell I am loosing any faster but I can tell I am firmer & my body is getting a better shape to it. IMO if you do not do any kind of exercise you will loose weight but you may be what is referred to as skinny fat.... what I kinda am right now.

THIS! I have lost weight both ways (through diet only, with diet and exercise) and I was way happier with my body when I included exercise. You can for sure lose weight without exercise, but be prepared for the fact that you might not be happy with that body.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

There's a variety of cleanses you can choose from too. I really like the apple & water one.

I think there is a juice cleanse floating around on the forum?
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried NuLean products available primarily at chiropractor offices?