Cleansing sugar and carbs

Options
How long will it take to detox from the white flour and sugar in my system and end the cravings and irritability?

Replies

• NoirDancer
    NoirDancer Posts: 62
    Options
    According to the South Beach diet, I believe it takes 2-3 weeks but could be longer depending on how long you've been eating carbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    How long will it take to detox from the white flour and sugar in my system and end the cravings and irritability?

why are you getting rid of those things?

Carbs are in fruit
    Sugar is in fruits
    carbs are in veggies
    sugar is in veggies
    there is more sugar in whole grain breads

sugar and carbs (white flour) are not the devil.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    detox white flour and sugar; cravings and irritability. . . bump.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Approximately 24 years.
  • Monday1969
    Monday1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on my high protein diet from years ago when I was strictly following my post gastric by pass surgery. Have gained 20 lbs this winter and have gotten into bad habits.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a thread about a sugar and carbs cleanse.
    I was all about a cleanse having me eat only sugar and carbs.

*** Going away now... not interesed***
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on my high protein diet from years ago when I was strictly following my post gastric by pass surgery. Have gained 20 lbs this winter and have gotten into bad habits.

One bad habit doesn't cure another.

Just eat a deficit. Problem solved. No voodoo diets necessary.
  • veggie_jilly
    Options
    Weight gain is from eating more calories than you burn. You can eat carbs and lose weight.
  • thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    In my case, it took about two weeks off sugar for my cravings to go away. Most of my white flour consumption was tied to baked goods, so when I stopped the sugar I also stopped the white flour. During that time, I did consume products that used other sweeteners - sugar free soda, also used stevia in my coffee and tea. For me, these were not a problem (did not stimulate additional cravings) though I know this is not true for everyone.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Why :noway:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Errr I'm sorry lost for words
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good for you in cleaning up your diet!!! For me I've found it takes 7 to 10 days for the cravings for sugar to decrease and 14 days for them to go away completely. 1st week is tough but it gets better and better!

Besides sugar and white bread I've found that I have to give up all high glycemic carbs at least until I get my cravings under control. That means no white rice, no fruit juice, I stay with low glycemic fruits (berries) and I cut out all milk, all breads, limit brown rice and try do do more quiona, no regular potatoes but small sweet potatoes with nothing added can be really helpful.

Also to help with the cravings that 1st week I over do the protein. Lots of eggs (egg whites added to regular eggs), lots of meats, lots of green veges but nothing fat free as all fat free processed foods are loaded with sugar.

Once your away from sugar and high glycemic carbs for 2 to 3 weeks you should see your appetite drop and you'll be better able to control your urges.

Good Luck!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    why_ross.gif.gif
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sorry, are we talking about food or meth?
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're asking.

Many other people understand what you are asking too but will post as if they don't...which comes off as pretty rude...but they are just trying to prove a point that carbs / sugars / etc are in fruits and many other items.... You know this, so do I.

I "gave up sugar" (you know what I mean, I know what I mean) cold turkey and day 1 was horrible. I had severe, almost sexual cravings. I could think of nothing else, felt sick, and couldnt focus on my work. Day three I felt pretty OK. I swapped out my morning apple with pinannple because it had more sugar, and was just sweeter in general, and that seemed to really help.

After 5 days I didn't even think about having candy. The problem is, as soon as I did have a piece, all the cravings came back, immediatly. My only good answer for long term sucess is don't buy the stuff 9whatever your :"stuff" might be - mine happens to be candy). A friend gave me a bag of jelly beans and my boy firned told me to throw it away... .he wasnt like, calling me fat or anything...he just knew what would happen if I opened it. it sat unoped for almost 3 weeks and when I did open it it was gone in under 5 minutes, and I was sick...like, really sick. Oups!

Long story short, in my experience it was only a couple days...but as soon as I touched the "stuff" again, I wanted more, wanted more, wanted more!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you have a metabolic disorder or diabetes? If not, sugar/carbs are not going to hinder weight loss. They are not toxins and therefore do not need to be cleansed from your system.

Just focus on hitting your protein and fat goals and on getting in plenty of fruits/veggies. Don't be concerned about "cleansing."
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options