Gym in the morning

Options
Can you go to gym in the morning (like 6) then take a 1 or 2 hour nap? it's the most convenient time for me in the gym cause that's when there are a few people and more equipment available. I read a forum where sleeping within 4 hours from your workout is bad? sounds like bs :p just wanna make sure :)

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    i do this regularly.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes, you absolutely can. I often work out before bed because sometimes it's the only time I can get a workout in... and I am right there with you on picking times when no one else is there so all the equipment is available. Sleep is critical for recovery after a workout, and it doesn't matter if you sleep within 2 minutes or 10 hours after, as long as you get enough regular sleep.

The only negative is that your sleep may not be as restful or it may be more difficult to fall asleep right after a workout. To counteract this, I usually go for a walk after working out, but sometimes it's as much as 5-7 miles just to cool down and relax so I can sleep. Again, this is just me and I don't speak for everyone.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym whenever is best for your schedule, and however is most likely to enable you to be consistent.
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks.