Cleansing sugar and carbs

Options

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi OP

seriously check my diary im over most days on carbgs and sugar and im 22lbs down. if you wish to increase protein by all means do so but don't rule out any food groups as this isn't sustainable long term hence you lost loads then gained be sensible
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on my high protein diet from years ago when I was strictly following my post gastric by pass surgery. Have gained 20 lbs this winter and have gotten into bad habits.

I am curious OP...why did you stop following a high protein diet?
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    why_ross.gif.gif

This. ^
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Best way to prepare carp-- see link below:

http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/andrew-zimmern-hunts-and-gathers/7

carbs, crap, carp. . . better then catfish after a day of noodling.. . . . .wait wut?!?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessbaddies.com/your-problem-with-sugar-is-the-problem-with-sugar/ 

And with that, I go prepare my diary for the awesomeness that is German chocolate cake ice cream. ..
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Consult your witch doctor.

(Busted out laughing)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Consult your witch doctor.

:heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Sorry, are we talking about food or meth?

I think Meth but it could be nicotene. Not sure
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on my high protein diet from years ago when I was strictly following my post gastric by pass surgery. Have gained 20 lbs this winter and have gotten into bad habits.
    The key here is bad habits not bad food. If you look at your diary its not fruits and vegetables making you put on weight. If I had to guess its high fat married with carbs that tend to be nutritionally void (ie cake, ice cream and sweet stuff). Don't through out the good with the bad. I wasn't losing weight and saw a dietitian and she put me on 50% carbs, 25% fat and 25% protein. I'm eating a lot more protein, fat is limited to 60g a day and when I follow it then I lose weight. It doesn't have to be an elimination of carbs. One comment she made to me that stuck with me was specifically toward low carb diets. People who follow low carb tend to eat higher fat - fat already is fat - it doesn't even need to be converted to fat like carbs do. High fat diet is the easiest to put on weight. To each his own but I found myself caught up in trying to eat low carb which typically means people eat the same amount of proteins and replace all carbs with fat. Not a good choice. Good luck! (awaiting the low carbers attack now)....
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, if I was the only one that caught that. :laugh: :laugh:
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I love more...these cleansing threads or the Paleo ones.
  • Ruckus85
    Ruckus85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How long will it take to detox from the white flour and sugar in my system and end the cravings and irritability?

I made it 45days then caved. After about a week I wasn't so *****y anymore, but I had days where I was so tired and had no energy. I missed foods but I didn't at the same time. It did help lose the emotional attachment to eating those food though. I cut out dairy, bread products, fruit, sugar. Basically, i've come to realize I need some of the those things, i need them in moderation. Its the moderation part I can't seem to figure out.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

"Just break up"
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

"Just break up"

LOL. :drinker:
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand you situation...I had gastric bypass in 2003 but I have slowly gained back about 40 of the 140 lbs I had lost. My doctor actually specifically told me to cut carbs. She said no more that 10 net carbs during the day and only quinoa, sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc. with dinner. That definitely seems too drastic and unreasonable to me. However, I am making a concerted effort to go back to the basics... protein first (at least 85 gm) , then veggies, then starch. Avoid the 5 "C's" when dining out--crunchy, crispy, creamy, ceaser, and cheesy. Typically these items have loads of calories compared to the nutrition they provide.

In terms of "cleansing..." I am an all or nothing person. I allow myself to cheat a little on weekends, but during the week I stick to nourishing my body. That doesn't mean my diet is super low carb, but any carbs I do eat have to provide significant nutrition. Focusing on nutrition during the week and knowing I can have a treat on the weekend really help with my cravings. I am also a creature of habit. Once I stuck to this cycle for a couple of weeks, it seems more natural and normal. BTW, I have lost about 15 lbs in the past month so I guess it is working.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    As with any change in eating, it can take a little bit to "detox" from something. I put that word in quotes because you're not really detoxing. When I went keto, for about two-ish weeks I felt like garbage. My brain was all foggy and I felt weak. However, once my body adapted to what I was doing, the brain fog cleared up and I felt great. So if that's what you mean when you say you're detoxing, just keep carrying on. What might help is to get more magnesium into your system, as well as potassium.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I understand your question, however I think the simplest thing to do is just to go back to your post op diet. It will take as long as it takes. Do you still dump from too much sugar or has that passed?
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    How long will it take to detox from the white flour and sugar in my system and end the cravings and irritability?

I'm not sure how long your detox will be however, adding probiotics will help with the sugar cravings. Be aware that sugar substitutes can trigger sugar cravings as well so it is best to avoid those.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    If you have toxins in your body, please check into the ER immediately.

You're ignorance is showing :huh:
  • jmv7117
    Options
    The key here is bad habits not bad food. If you look at your diary its not fruits and vegetables making you put on weight. If I had to guess its high fat married with carbs that tend to be nutritionally void (ie cake, ice cream and sweet stuff). Don't through out the good with the bad. I wasn't losing weight and saw a dietitian and she put me on 50% carbs, 25% fat and 25% protein. I'm eating a lot more protein, fat is limited to 60g a day and when I follow it then I lose weight. It doesn't have to be an elimination of carbs. One comment she made to me that stuck with me was specifically toward low carb diets. People who follow low carb tend to eat higher fat - fat already is fat - it doesn't even need to be converted to fat like carbs do. High fat diet is the easiest to put on weight. To each his own but I found myself caught up in trying to eat low carb which typically means people eat the same amount of proteins and replace all carbs with fat. Not a good choice. Good luck! (awaiting the low carbers attack now)....

I set my macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat which worked well for me. This is a fairly common macro setting but it isn't considered low carb.