Knocked-ed Up.

Options
Just found out a week ago that my eggo is preggo! This will be baby #2 and I'm so excited its ridiculous. With my last pregnancy, I didn't really pay attention to what I ate, and ended up gaining 50 pounds, which isn't THAT bad in my opinion. This time, I've started out about 15 pounds heavier, and really want to keep myself in check. I wear a FitBit and have my calorie goal set at maintenance for now, eating as close to that number as possible.

I have a lot of really AMAZING friends on here already, but I'd love a few more who are going through the same thing, regardless of how far along you are. I think it would be fun and definitely more motivating to keep on logging and holding myself accountable. I know that the "you'll bounce back" saying is a load of turd so let's keep it together, ladies! Who's in?! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tink989
    tink989 Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My hubby and I are trying for baby # 2 and once I find out that I am pregnant, I will be eating at maintenance too.
  • elyanta
    elyanta Posts: 11
    Options
    I have never been pregnant but an fyi if you didnt already know. In your first trimester you do not actually need any extra calories. In the second trimester you need about 340 extra kcals and in your third trimester you need about 450 extra calories to nourish you and baby. So those numbers would be on top of the calories you eat to maintain weight. And about 30lbs of weight gain is all your body needs by the end of pregnancy. These numbers decrease if you are overweight and increase if you are underweight. My info comes from nutrition classes. Hope this helps!
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's so exciting! I added you! And bumping for more responses!
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    I have never been pregnant but an fyi if you didnt already know. In your first trimester you do not actually need any extra calories. In the second trimester you need about 340 extra kcald and in your third trimester you need about 450 extra calories to nourish you and baby. So those numbers would be on top of the calories you eat to maintain weight. And about 30lbs of weight gain is all your body needs by the end of pregnancy. These numbers decrease if you are overweight and increase if you are underweight. My info comes from nutrition classes. Hope this helps!

Yeah...I know. :wink:
    I'm eating at maintenance. Nothing extra. And I HAVE been pregnant before...
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! I'm not there yet, but someday! I wish you best in your pregnancy and beyond.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    That's one doodle that can't be un-did, Home skillet.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have never been pregnant but an fyi if you didnt already know. In your first trimester you do not actually need any extra calories. In the second trimester you need about 340 extra kcals and in your third trimester you need about 450 extra calories to nourish you and baby. So those numbers would be on top of the calories you eat to maintain weight. And about 30lbs of weight gain is all your body needs by the end of pregnancy. These numbers decrease if you are overweight and increase if you are underweight. My info comes from nutrition classes. Hope this helps!
    TL;DR The person aboe loves giving unsolicited advice!
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    That's one doodle that can't be un-did, Home skillet.

Lmfao. No kidding?
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    Bump. I can't be the only pregnant chick on here!
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow with my third boy. I was a very fit 145 and 160 with my other pregnancies. I had some medical issues that caused me to gain a bunch of weight, so this time around I started at 226. Currently 230 lbs. Trying to really keep my weight in check this pregnancy!
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 8 weeks pregnant with our 3rd. I gained 40-50 with my first two. This time I am being more careful. I too started out a little overweight but haven't gained weigtht with this one yet. Feel free to add me.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am 15 wks with my 3rd baby and was 35lbs overweight to start. Gained 45lbs with both my other 2 kids (also overweight to start) lost 65lbs with last one within 3 yrs (took forever!) and then boom- preggo! Logging consistently everyday! I stopped exercising at 6wks due to my other 2 pregnancies having Placentia Previa....so holding off to make sure I don't have again! I am addicted to this site and don't wanna get gigantic again!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am 39wk+3d - hopefully, here in a few days I won't be pregnant anymore :)

Add me if you'd like and you can go back and read through my old status posts for fun, if you want - every day I post a pregnancy or baby fact, for fun :p
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    Added all of you! Thanks for the responses!
  • stephrivas84
    stephrivas84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 28 weeks with my first and have gained more than I should have. I am hoping to get back on track and finish positively.
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby # 3 girl. I gained 34 lbs during pregnancy and was 236 to start with. I really watched what I ate and everything during the pregnancy and still gained more than my OB wanted me to. I was weighed at 10 days after the birth and I'm down to 241 lbs. I was really shocked. I am breastfeeding and I know that will help in the long run but I didn't lose this much weight after either of my other 2. I can only say that I focused on eating healthy. Lots of veggies and fruits, skim milk, lean protein, and I did limit my carbs to whole grains only and never with the dinner meal. During my pregnancy I walked 3-5 miles almost every day. I have not done any exercise routine either than walking post partum yet but as soon as I get the ok from the OB its on. I wish you and your little one the best. Add me if you want.
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm almost 16 weeks with my first! So far, I've gained around 4 lbs, and in my family it looks like 30-35 is the norm. It's hard to see the changes, but it's all for a good cause. =)

I've been working out about 5 days a week and trying to walk in the evenings. Still riding transit to work, so there's a little more activity there, though I will probably stop soon as I get more clumsy (there is a really steep hill to get to one of the stations, and while I don't mind walking up, the down part is SO scary even when not pregnant).
  • elyanta
    elyanta Posts: 11
    Options
    I was just trying to give some helpful info since she said she gained 50lbs with her first pregnancy. Shesh if I knew people would be so snippy I wouldn't have bothered. Last time I post on mfp so no worries no more unsolicited advice from me.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 9 weeks with my 4th anyone feel free to add me :) I'm hoping to keep my gain to 25-30 pounds.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for taking something seriously that was poked at you in fun!

[/dad-joke]