At home weight loss tips/routine?

mhowe86
mhowe86 Posts: 37
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I work a 9 hour day and commute an hour each way. By the time i get home i sometimes dont feel like leaving the house to go to the gym, especially in the snowy/cold Chicago winter. Does anyone have a good routine for at home weight loss/training? DVD's, Wii games and different weight training excersizes are all great!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I love Jillian Michales 30 day shred dvd. Its only 28 mins long but its a great workout
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    I know a lot of people here like 'Just Dance" for the Wii. It will get your HR up and burn some serious cals!

I have Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire dvds for working out inside. I would consider myself fairly fit -endurance wise- and it can be tough for me. Plus, it's really fun! Definately try that out, because there are enough DVD's in the set so that you don't get bored after doing the routine for a week.

Hope that helps!
  • try to work out first thing in the morning before you leave

it is the only way My wife and I can do it

especially with small kiddo's
  • I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Its a dvd with three different levels. Each level is 20 minutes. Its amazing!!! But, it will kick your butt! I had completed about 4 days of level 1 and thought about going to level 2 and I about died! I am really noticing results with the dvd and keeping track of my calories. Wish I would have measured myself before starting, but I know my arms, and waistline are smaller. I'm a stay at home mom, and full time student, and don't have time for the gym either. Good luck!
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    I started with the Lesilie sanson walk away the pounds videos. I loved them because I could adjust to my level, pump it harder, incorpoate hand weights etc. I live in cold and snowy Wis. myself so workouts out side are hard now. I just took up snow shoeing, burns about 600 cals per hour! my rule is over 30 I go outside period!! We also just got the xbox kinect, that is alot of fun too!:smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Mini Trampoline (rebounder) is good as well. Take a bench and do steps with it for about an hour while watching a tv program is another good form of exercise. I have an Elliptical trainer that I use.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    I also like Jillian Micheals videos. I am a big fan of her No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism...they are great Cardio/toning videos. They are really cheap on Amazon and Target. I do not go to the gym. I have two small kids and just work my exercise into my daily routine.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Fan of Jillian Michaels
    30 Day Shred
    Yoga Melt Down
    No More Trouble Zones
    Each about $10 at Walmart or Target, all you need is a mat and 3lb hand weights.
    P90X good if you want to spend that kind of cash.
    Taebo - Billy Blank (*****es! old school - but I like it, get's you sweating!)
    I did most of my weight loss at home and this is what I used. Oh - and walking - and don't use winter as an excuse (I live in Wisconsin and use to walk in the snow all the time)
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Yep I agree with the Jillian Michaels Shred and other DVD'S! Target has a selection right now for $9!! If you have RCN cable-go to the on demand section-sports-exercise TV-Jillian Michaels. You can find the Shred Level 1 on there too!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I do it all at home, my favs are

30 day shred, great for toning up and only short, so easy to fit in.
    Just dance for the wii is fun and time passes very fast.
    EA active on the wii, comes with a heart rate monitor so you know exactly what you burn.
    I also have a eliptical

I didnt like Leslie Sansone dvds though, a bit slow and cheery for me.
  • I agree with the Jillian 30 day shred. Its a quick full body work out. I also like Bob Harpers workout DVD. Wii is always a good bet too. Also, I find on work days that getting up earlier helps me stay on track all day. If I miss a morning workout all I think about all day is that I still need to do it. Then work/life gets in the way 80% of the time and the work out goes. I work a schedule similar to you..loooong days so let me know what you do decide to you. Maybe you will have some tips that help me too.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    I lost all my weight and build all my muscle (so very important to keeping the weight off) with P90X, Insanity, and other beachbody products. Let me know if you want more specific info. I'm a beachbody coach and work with both men and women.
This discussion has been closed.