routine...

Options
I'm gonna go on a strict diet of chicken and asparagus for a week eating it for lunch in dinner. So what are some good snacks or in between meals that are healthy?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing such a thing?
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nuts! just a small handful will boost your energy and help you get the fats you need:)
    Even though it's a strict diet i would recommend making sure that you get all the other nutrients you need, variety isn't such a bad thing.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing such a thing?

This
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go on a strict diet of chicken and asparagus for a week eating it for lunch in dinner. So what are some good snacks or in between meals that are healthy?

Why not vary it up and eat other things if it fits into your macros for the day?
    Chicken is good. Asparagus is good. But you don't need to just eat the two for seven days straight!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You are going to smell fantastic.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love chicken and asparagus, but I don't think I'd want to eat just that every night. :noway:

There are plenty of other meats and veggies to fill your tummy with good nutrition - pork tenderloin, lean beef, fish - and summer veggies are abundant, as well as year-round standards - zuchhini, bell peppers, mushrooms, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas...

Limiting yourself to the same meal daily is a good way to burn yourself out quick.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You are going to smell fantastic.

^ mirrors my thoughts
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to ask why you are doing this also? I like chicken and asparagus, too. I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes get stuck on certain foods for extended periods of time, but I do still eat other foods. I can eat on a pot of spaghetti for a week and not be tired of it. Again, I usually only eat it for one of my daily meals, and still eat other foods at the other meals.
  • amcampbell2342
    amcampbell2342 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you were not into healthy eating and just going strictly to this you will not be able to keep this up. You need to start by just "clean eating". Feel free to message me for ideas...I've lost 35lbs by strictly clean eating and exercise.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Why not mix it up? Chicken and asparagus one meal, pork and broccoli the next, chicken and a green salad the meal after that.... etc. There's nothing magical or special about asparagus (except maybe the way it makes your urine stink) that can't be said of other green vegetables. Give yourself some variety, you'll be more likely to stick with it.

As far as snacks how about cut veggies, either plain or with a dip? A handful of nuts is another good option.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Fruit, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts (already mentioned) .....lots of options.

Just log what you eat.....look to meet your macros (protein, fat & carbs).
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    More asparagus.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I pretty muche eat chicken, broccoli and rice every dinner. But not for both lunch and dinner. Too much repitition makes me want to cheat.