Logging in Body Sculpting Class

Options
Tonight I will be taking a Total Body Sculpting class and I can't find it here on MFP in either the Cardio or Strength exercise section. Does anyone know if body sculpting is considered cardio or strength and how I would log it in?

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would say it was gentle cardio.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    do you have an HRM?
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to use a HRM on your first couple of classes and measure how many calories you burn, then add "Body Sculpting" as a new exercise. This will keep track of how many calories you burn per workout in this particular class. After you have entered the initial measured calories burned every time you add the time you work out (even if you didn't use your HRM) it will calculate the cal you burned based on your logged history. Hopes this makes sense. this is how i add all the different classes I take at my gym!!! hope it helps!!!
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    I log mine as a third calestinics, third weight lifting and third cardio.
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    If you are talking about something similar to Body Pump, I use a HRM and burn anywhere from 275-405 calories :) I log it as cardio since there is a cardio burn and I want to capture that! I weigh 145lbs.
  • aliciamarie313
    Options
    I read that it is possible to log it as a circuit training class... and I did so but it gave me 720 calories burned! I don't think that is right... but I'm not sure! I weigh 218... any suggestions?