30 Day Shred - Day 1 = What was I thinking?!

Options
Got up early today (a little later than I planned but still a lot earlier than usual) and tried to do day 1 of the 30 Day Shred. Not the best thing to start with when you haven't worked out at all for a very long time! lol! I made it almost halfway through before I thought I was going to faint, puke, or die! I keep forgetting how completely out of shape I am - haha! I think some part of my mind still thinks I'm a high school cheerleader! Oh well, at least I got started.

Going to the gym at lunch today to do the treadmill with a friend and yes, I am going to complete my 30 Day Shred workout when I get home tonight. I'll start counting the 30 days when I can make it through the workout all at once. ;)

Crazy that those few minutes of working out have already given me so much energy this morning...I almost feel like a morning person (which I absolutely am not!)

Replies

• sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go for trying. I am beginning my 30 day shred today also. Going to do it now so i will be interested to see how far I make it. I have not done it for a long time either. Hang in there!
  • ctrlaltdelboy
    Options
    well done - I started last week and it's a killer!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing the first few days...made it to Day 5, then got sick for the past week, so I have to start getting back into it tonight...
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just remember, Jillian says you should feel that way. If you want to get a good workout out of 20 minutes its going to be a killer. The woman is insane! Just wait until you are on level 2, when you go back to level 1 its going to feel great. like a break.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly it gets easier when you do it everyday. I usually find it kills my calves (especially the skipping part) and I'm always surprised at how hard she can make you work in 20 minutes!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Don't put it all on you. Jillian will kick your butt no matter how big or small or out of shape you are! She's tough! She's got a lot of DVD's out there - I found 3 others on Amazon for about $9-$10 apiece.

Banish Fat - Boost Metabolism
    No more Trouble Zones
    Six week Six pack Abs.

I've only tried the Banish Fat - Boost Metabolism and I couldn't finish it.
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    omgosh! the first time i did it i thought i was going to die!!! lol but, if you keep up with it it will get easier and easier...i havent even tried level 3 yet!! lol
  • denise309
    Options
    Good for you for starting it, I also started today, felt like I was going to die by the end my arms feel like jelly my legs feel like they are going to give out under me...I have a Love/Hate relatioship with Jillian!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • cntrymama2x
    Options
    Good job for getting as far as you did!
    I bought The Biggest Loser "Last Chance Workout" DVD yesterday with some weights! I only got through the 1st 30 minutes myself! Jillian kicked my butt!
    I'm going to hit it again tonight & see how much farther I can go!
    Good luck!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Yea - Jillian is CRAZY!!! But I really enjoy the workouts. I have to get back on the saddle and complete the 30 day shred!!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and understanding everyone! :laugh: I got through about 21 days or so of it about a year and a half ago and then went on vacation and well here I am, I never got back to it (or anything else) after vacation. I remember it not looking too bad ("it's only 30 seconds or a minute at a time and the whole thing is only 20 minute...how bad can it be?") and then I tried it and it nearly killed me the first few days, I think I may have had a couple like this that I didn't complete all at once or that I broke Jillian's rule and paused it and took a break. :laugh: But it did get easier and then I got to level 2 and it got hard again and then it got easier and I think I did level 3 once or twice and was back to the feeling like dying again. Once I get past this feeling and push through it I know I'll end up enjoying abusing myself first thing in the morning again. :tongue:

The plan is to finish it tonight and maybe do some additional ab work if I have time. I did 30mins on the treadmill at lunch today and my legs still feel like Jell-O! I will at least attempt to finish it I can tell you that and I'll go until my legs give out on me...but that seems like it could be a likely scenario right now! HA!
  • meltonmc
    Options
    I am on day 5. I thought I could jump to level 2, but ohhh no! LOL. I think I will go back to level 1 for another couple of days :)
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It gets a lot better! I just bought her core/ab 30 minute video and I was sore for days!
  • sroseber
    Options
    It gets a lot better! I just bought her core/ab 30 minute video and I was sore for days!

Ha! I can only imagine! I actually like doing the ab stuff, and don't really mind being sore from it (I say that now, ask me again when I am sore, lol) because if I'm sore I know I'm going to be seeing results in the near future. That is one area that I really seem to notice changes happen faster...which is a REALLY good thing.

Good luck!
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 and feeling great! I am trying to pump myself up to go to level 2 in a couple days. I so know what you are feeling. A week ago I couldn't even make it through the first set of warm up jumping jacks! But I am here to say after a week of doing it everyday (the soreness does leave, just keep going) I can make it through ALL the sets of jumping jacks without stopping. So everytime I start to think of taking a break or not doing it for a day I think of how far I have come and how much easier doing it today will make tomorrows workout!
  • sroseber
    Options
    I am on day 8 and feeling great! I am trying to pump myself up to go to level 2 in a couple days. I so know what you are feeling. A week ago I couldn't even make it through the first set of warm up jumping jacks! But I am here to say after a week of doing it everyday (the soreness does leave, just keep going) I can make it through ALL the sets of jumping jacks without stopping. So everytime I start to think of taking a break or not doing it for a day I think of how far I have come and how much easier doing it today will make tomorrows workout!

Good point...it's such a tough workout I think missing one day might make a difference in how difficult it is the next...even if it's just perception. That was my problem when I quit doing it the last time for vacation. I went several days without it and mentally couldn't make myself start it up again. I look forward to the day that I can make it through!
  • bluebeta
    Options
    Keep at it. I am on day 10. Ready to move to level 2 tomorrow. Hope i can handle it. I will conquer it somehow. I had my sister workout with me this morning and she felt the same way you did. She felt like puking and had to stop a couple of times, but still finished it. I remember feeling the same way when I first began 10 days ago. Now I'm almost addicted to it and I am by not means an exercise lover.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Good luck with getting back into it!! Sounds like you gave it a great shot this morning, and as many have pointed out, it does get easier. If you'd like some support, encouragement and such throughout your Shred endeavors, you're more than welcome to stop over and join in the discussion here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149134-shreddin-eleven-week-two :)
  • sroseber
    Options
    Keep at it. I am on day 10. Ready to move to level 2 tomorrow. Hope i can handle it. I will conquer it somehow. I had my sister workout with me this morning and she felt the same way you did. She felt like puking and had to stop a couple of times, but still finished it. I remember feeling the same way when I first began 10 days ago. Now I'm almost addicted to it and I am by not means an exercise lover.

I got the same way when I did it before. I was a bit frustrated this morning that I didn't have time to finish it. Once I recovered from not actually fainting or puking I had to rush to get ready for work and get my kids to school. Tonight though.