College students with the same goal: weight loss

Options
kndev
kndev Posts: 23 Member
Hello all! I will be a junior next semester and I am hoping to continue logging onto MFP. My goal is to lose 40 lbs overall. Looking for some supporters and motivators. I'm pretty good at motivating others, if I say so myself :)

Replies

• blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is college is definitely hard, but we can support eachother through it. I am also going to be a junior next semester
  • knucklesh2
    Options
    Hi and its great to meet you. I have a sophomore in college! LOL but I am on the way to lose 40 pounds myself.
    I need all the encouragement I can get. I just started on Saturday but it has gone good so far. I love to workout but I
    love to eat also! I am 43 and I want to learn to eat better. Good luck and I am very proud of you!
  • SweetMaryAngel
    Options
    Hi! it's awesome meeting you all. I agree trying to stay healthy in uni is no easy task :/ I have just about 15 pounds I'm hoping to lose. But more importantly trying to stay active and healthy. I welcome all new friends to help each other stay motivated :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will be a senior next semester...holy cow where has the time gone! Anyway, I'm hoping to loose 20-25 pounds but most importantly be active and eat healthy. It's very hard in college to do it but I'd love to support others and inspire each other!
  • silviadarling
    silviadarling Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I never see college students on here so free to message me or leave comments anytime!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anyone in residence at their college? We have a mandatory meal plan and the company (Aramark) doesn't offer many healthy choices. What do you all do?
  • kndev
    kndev Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm living in a residence hall and I also have a mandatory meal plan. Thankfully, my dorm building is getting a kitchen next semester (woohoo). Last semester, I just tried to load up on the veggies in the dining hall and I would bring tupperware too if it was a busy day. Also, I stole tons of fruit haha.
  • jknickk12
    jknickk12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a college student too, just about to start my junior year! It really is tough, especially since it is my first time living on my own. I go through periods of good eating followed by that typical college diet, and I have seen the results of all of those.. Liquid calories (I have to admit that I am totally a beer girl). I don't want to give up going out and having fun, so I am working on meeting my calorie and exercise goals during the week to make up for it.
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, Im a sophomore at Wisconsin and I probably drink too much beer for my own good. I'm trying to stay in shape this year unlike last year.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Took 2 years off after high school, starting university in September. Feel free to add me!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Add away :D
  • brimichaud
    brimichaud Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi im bri im going to be a junior next semester as well! I would like to lose about 15 lbs and tone before returning to school in the fall. I'd love to hear about how all of you guys are planning to handle the college lifestyle and trying to lose weight at the same time (drinking and late night eating are my weaknesses)! Feel free to add me :) good luck everyone!
  • JoshBear92
    Options
    I've just finished my 2nd year at Uni in Staffordshire. The thing that bothers me the most about getting in shape is that after 8-9 hours of doing assignments I won't have the energy to exercise each day. It's easy being in a routine over the summer while I have little else to do and the weather's nice but when it starts getting dark at 3.30 and it's raining every day it'll be really challenging. I'll make sure I find a way to manage though, it's not impossible.

Feel free to add!
  • Chelseatheturtle
    Chelseatheturtle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Howdy yall! I'm a junior right now taking summer classes at my community college, so i think I might be a senior by the end of summer. But, I still have two years of college at Texas A&M University at Galveston. I can't stand taking a ton of hours per semester. I still need to lose 100+ pounds.
    I haven't had any sugary treats (cake, cookies,etc...) in just over a week (plus not a lot of foods with added sugar). Nor caffine... and have been run down. I'm trying to exercise everyday, but summer classes are a lot tougher than I thought.
    I recently broke my ankle (twice) during the spring semester and just now starting to get back on my feet without the use of a crutch for short distances.
    My short-term goal is to be down to a XL by next spring semester so I could buy and wear a pretty dress to the Maritime Ball.

Feel free to friend this Aggie! :)