snacks for classes?

Options
Hi! Sooo I am a grad student and my schedule for this semester is two classes, both on Mondays - one from 4:30 to 7 and the other from 7:15 to 9:45. They start tonight so I am having a super early dinner (3:30ish) and am bringing two snacks to munch on during the course of the night so I don't starve (and so i don't come home and eat another full meal). I hate eating during class, because sometimes professors don't allow it and to me, it is embarrassing to be chomping on an apple or something in the middle of a lecture.

What are some tasty, nutritional, QUIET snacks that I could eat in the classroom (if the teacher allows it) or during my quick run to the next classroom if class goes to the end?

Tonight i am bringing 1 light string cheese and 1 80 cal granola bar but what are some other ideas people have so I could snack quietly?

Thanks!

Replies

• starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    String cheese, any cheese, kiwi already sliced, cucumbers, yogurt, shake or smoothie
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Bananna, string cheese, yogurt, applesauce... just a few off the top of my head...
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem exactly!!!! I just re-did my entire food diary, to just reflect the time periods I'd be eating something, instead of meals. Because like tonight, I have class 4 - 5:15 and then 6 - 8:45. Not going to be fun. For tonight I'm just going to take a slim fast, drink it during class, and then eat after, but I could use some more ideas as well.
  • JoyCarter
    Options
    Any thing with fiber!! it fills you up fast !! =)
    -Good luck!
  • mytink03
    mytink03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any dried fruit-cranberries, cherries, apricots. Throw in some dark chocolate chunks every once in awhile. String cheese is good because it's quiet and not messy. Gogurts for in between are quick and easy. Soy nuts and sesame sticks mixed together are really good.
  • grantwrites
    Options
    If you can, take a grapefruit, however it is easiest for you to eat. This is one snack that will help stave off your hungries when you can't eat. Plus it's all kiinds of healthy for you in other ways! PS: Don't forget to smell it as you eat. That is a bonus to appetite suppression.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is usually 1 oz of nuts and some dried fruit. Raisins or prunes.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Light shakes, they're tiny and yummy! Also cheese chunks, granola bars, individual prunes (they are good and good for you, lol) edememe, lunch meat rolled up (like turkey or chicken breast sliced) and finally pita bread with some peanut butter. I have gone through grad school and I know how stressful it can be! I actually was at my smallest weight back in grad school because I moved back in with my parents who ate a WW inspired diet and I tried to hit the gym 2-3x a week. . that was 5 years ago. . it can be done! :) Good luck!
  • TaraMoeller
    Options
    If you like peanut butter, try a half peanut butter sandwich (bread folded) on wheat bread. Protein and fiber and no noise. It should also be cheaper than buying premade/prepackaged foods. If you want to add fruit, try putting it inside; the peanut butter will make it hold. Just be careful how much peanut butter you put in. Measure it for accuracy.
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bananas are quiet. Or 1Tbsp of Peanut Butter spread on 1 slice of bread - that will keep you nice and satisfied for a while too. I agree that cheese is a good choice - cheese sticks, or you could roll up deli turkey or ham with cheese. You could try almonds or mixed nuts if you can chew quietly - they're not as noisy as rice cakes or popcorn.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome ideas! Thanks everyone :)