Junk food addict please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Ok I'm about 5'7 and I weight 175 I've been trying to loose 10 pound for the longest but no results. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week but my problem is I love to eat. Even when I'm full I still manage to shove that extra slice of pie down my throat. Can some one help me?

Replies

• chelsea33024
    Options
    Ok I'm about 5'7 and I weight 175 I've been trying to loose 10 pound for the longest but no results. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week but my problem is I love to eat. Even when I'm full I still manage to shove that extra slice of pie down my throat. Can some one help me?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!

Here, maybe this will help some...

HeathyChange.jpg

Now take it one day at a time, and YOU CAN DO IT!

P.S. The rest of us are behind the right side door waiting for you!!!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Start with a mini goal

1 day (and night)
    24 hours with no junk food.

Plan it out in advance
    All your food
    and snacks

Gear up for it

and once you do it once it will be easier

Once you do it twice you will be well on your way to habit.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Plan your foods that you know that will help you with your goal. Don't allow yourself to go to the fast food places for one week or even a few days. But wean yourself away it isn't easy but as you do that and start eating healthier foods you will find you don't crave them near as much. I find that the cravings I get are often in my mind and when I give nto them I am not nearly as satisfied with the taste as the thought of the taste.

Find some new treats that you love. Yes you can find them but you need to step out of the box of the restraunts and give your taste buds a shock. Good luck we are all here for you.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    you're talking to an ex-junkie here....

i basically had to cut all junk out of my diet. i'm one of those people that say "oh well this one time won't hurt" turns into the next day, and the next day, and the day after that. so basically, in my situation, i find it's easiest to just cut it out completely. i try to fill my diet with non-processed foods, yogurt, fruits, veggies, and i've grown to love it!

give yourself a few mini-goals.. it'll make it seem easier.
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I can So relate to you here. I'm 5'8" and weigh 166 and have been trying to lose 15 pounds forever, I too have a giant sweet tooth. The things that help me are to plan my meals and snacks so that I'm never starving (bad decisions are made then) so I eat three meals with 2 snacks, but I always leave calories for my treats. I tried to cut them out entirely but that is just no fun at all, and life is too hard for that. So I make myself happy with things like Weight Watchers Giant fudge bars. They're 110 calories so sometimes if I have enough calories from working out I'll have two! Or Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are yummy too for only 140 calories.
    It comes down to not depriving yourself and deciding what you really want. Also, one day at a time, it's overwhelming to look at the big picture. Just think that for today this is making me happy and I'm treating myself well.
    Let me know how it goes. It is also my number one obstacle so we can help each other.
    Good luck!