What do you do...

Options
Maybe I'm the only person who does this, but when I go workout, I find myself looking at all the more fit people and thinking thoughts like "I'll never be that size" or "They're probably wondering why I'm even here" etc. Now i know, it's negative self-talk, and I'm constantly trying to chase those thoughts positive ones but, they still seem to pop in when I'm at the gym. Anyone else have similar experiences? If so, what have you done or what works for you to keep a positive attitude about continuing to stay fit?

Thanks!

Replies

• kklittle
    kklittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just remember...all those people are probably thinking the same thing about somebody else in the gym too !! :smile:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I look at all the girls that look great and use it as my motivation. I'm sure they have to work pretty damn hard to look like that, so if I keep it up, I can too!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree with sillygoose, they're motivation in a way. They work out that hard and look like that, so why can't I? But I hardly notice other people in the gym, and I think they hardly notice me. So that's nice too.

I do like now that after losing this 29 lbs people that go to the gym around the same time as me that I see everyday (like the guy that works at the desk) have started asking me if I have lost weight! It's awesome! At least someone is noticing!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Talk to them. Pay them a compliment and ask about their successes. I bet they have some great advice too. People love compliments and are typically very wiling to to divulge how they got to where they are.
  • YeahMe
    YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel the same exact way. . be we have to start somewhere right.? Just keep your chin high because you are there to get healthy. And yes someday you will be the one that everyone is looking at and thinking wow. . .if only I can be like her!

Good Luck!