i need help! pizzzzza

Options
this is my weakness. & I have been really good lately.. Is it okay to give in just once?pizza is so high in cals. though. Im torn- I would do it and "control" myself but honestly...... this is impossible!
maybe itd be better if I just said NO. But heres the deal, I love pizza I could live off of pizza hence why im dieting now. and everytime I wanted pizza my bf would tell me NO (hes not a big fan..oh how i wish that was me ) and Of all nights hes begging for it!

:sad: woe is me..

Replies

• byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    this is my weakness. & I have been really good lately.. Is it okay to give in just once?pizza is so high in cals. though. Im torn- I would do it and "control" myself but honestly...... this is impossible!
    maybe itd be better if I just said NO. But heres the deal, I love pizza I could live off of pizza hence why im dieting now. and everytime I wanted pizza my bf would tell me NO (hes not a big fan..oh how i wish that was me ) and Of all nights hes begging for it!

:sad: woe is me..
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Can you eat a bowl of soup and/or a plate of salad before getting the pizza? That would help you fill up and maintain control. I think eating pizza every now and again for a special treat is great, as long as you don't eat the whole pie!And be sure to log those calories in and know what you are putting in your mouth before you do it...you are more likely to maintain control that way! Good luck!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lean Cuisine pizzas? They come in single servings and different varieties.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I LOVE piazza! We have an excellent place in San Jose...I would suggest puchasing a slice of piazza and a side salad-that is what I do. I satisfy my piazza craving, and I don't feel guilty about it. Afterall it is only 1 sice, right? :happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    OMGosh...I so hear you!:laugh:

Here is what I do when the craving hits....

(1) low carb whole wheat tortilla
    1/4 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
    15 turkey pepperoni slices (less if you prefer)

nuke it for about a minute and VIOLA! Tastes just like a slice of pepperoni pizza (and the balance of protein and good carbs keeps me full for a long time!).

The calories differ on the ingredients. Hope this helps you like it helped me.:happy:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    I love pizza too!

I just ordered a pizza from Round Table yesterday.

I made a huge salad(45C) put on 2 TBL Light Newmans Basalmic Vinagerette dressing (40C). Then 1 piece of a large pizza (230C) cut it into 2 pieces and ate little little bites to satisfy my chewing satisfaction. Flavored water (0C) too.:tongue:

I didn't feel so deprived as compared to the old days of eating fast & having 4 or 5 with a big glass of wine :sick:

:heart: Total meal = 300C Yummy Yummy
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    Can you eat a bowl of soup and/or a plate of salad before getting the pizza? That would help you fill up and maintain control. I think eating pizza every now and again for a special treat is great, as long as you don't eat the whole pie!And be sure to log those calories in and know what you are putting in your mouth before you do it...you are more likely to maintain control that way! Good luck!

I agree with FIT2BTIED, great advice!! :drinker: Kind of ironic is that I'm actually having a slice of pizza right now (which is how this topic grabbed my attention). One slice is 250 calories and if I wasn't desperate to make my the 1200 calorie goal I wouldn't be eating the 2nd slice. But that's it!! Just two and then some salad and I'm good. Because as FIT2BTIED mentioned it's not a crime to treat yourself once in a while. Just don't eat the whole pie, no matter how tempting it is!! Even if you have to pour dish soap on the leftovers!! :tongue:

1/4 cup pizza sauce

nuke it for about a minute and VIOLA! Tastes just like a slice of pepperoni pizza (and the balance of protein and good carbs keeps me full for a long time!).

The calories differ on the ingredients. Hope this helps you like it helped me.:happy:

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try that one :smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have pizza, just don't pig out on it like I used to. When I do have it, I will a couple slices with a salad. I just make sure that it's either just cheese pizza or with veggies...I try to stay away from the meats
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

I agree with FIT2BTIED, great advice!! :drinker: Kind of ironic is that I'm actually having a slice of pizza right now (which is how this topic grabbed my attention). One slice is 250 calories and if I wasn't desperate to make my the 1200 calorie goal I wouldn't be eating the 2nd slice. But that's it!! Just two and then some salad and I'm good. Because as FIT2BTIED mentioned it's not a crime to treat yourself once in a while. Just don't eat the whole pie, no matter how tempting it is!! Even if you have to pour dish soap on the leftovers!! :tongue:

1/4 cup pizza sauce

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try that one :smile:

You are so very welcome!:bigsmile:
    I forgot to add that when I nuke it I eat it as a wrap. When I put it in the oven for a few, I eat it like a VERY thin crust pizza.

From one pizza lover to another :laugh: .....Bon Appetit!
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options

1/4 cup pizza sauce

lol nuke

lol too cute:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay, well, call me kooky-- but, have a slice of pizza and enjoy. One piece isn't going to kill you.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I love the "phony pizza' idea, though-- that's a great idea. Sounds yummy, too.
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I personally would have 1 slice, but make sure you eat alot of salad before hand...so you are not tempted to go after that second piece. :wink:
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    we ended up not eating pizza! (although thank you all for the wonderful advice. The make ur own pizza sounds delish!) But im sure we are going to have another oppertunity knock at my door and I will take this all to heart! Much Love guys! :heart: