Sugar cravings in the evening

Options
Hi

I usually do plenty of exercise and am well below my daily calorie allowance by the end of the day. However, by about 8 in the evening I am drawn to biscuits, cakes etc, in fact anything with sugar!

Is there anything I can do to stop this? sheer willpower alone does not always work!

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Willpower will work, if you want it bad enough. I usually pop in a piece of the flavored extra gum (lemon bars, root beer float) and just suck it up! Like I said, if you want it that bad, your willpower will catch up and push through the cravings.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your day, eat the biscuits and cake.
  • doferdude
    doferdude Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of complex carbs during the day and go to bed earlier! I used to be exactly the same but that stuff is not an issue this time!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Why not just fit it into your goals? There's nothing inherently wrong with any food. Keep a balanced diet and enjoy your snacks ;)
  • barbixy
    barbixy Posts: 1
    Options
    Go to bed earlier. You said the cravings start at 8pm? I try not to eat after 5pm so by 8pm I'm usually thinking of food again. 8pm is also usually when I have nothing to do and start wasting time on the computer, television etc. Television especially, is the worst trigger for eating/drinking for me. Also, very important, our eating patterns are often (or become) habits. It may be a habitual pattern to eat at night. Habits can be made or broken in 3 weeks...if you can successfully occupy yourself at night engaged in things that distract you from thinking about (or eating) at night, the urge will become less and less.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like your body is telling you that it's needing the calorie from the artificial deficit you've given it. If the hunger pangs get too much for you, stay away from the processed garbage and give your body healthy sugars like fruit.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Don't keep it in the house. That's the only way I've found that works 100%
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your day, eat the biscuits and cake.
    This!!
  • emilyx3
    emilyx3 Posts: 5
    Options
    I buy alot of "healthy" sweets (Special K, Kashi, 100 calorie packs, etc.) Also, try a glass of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk ... oh so good and filling at the same time!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Why not just fit it into your goals? There's nothing inherently wrong with any food. Keep a balanced diet and enjoy your snacks ;)

and this, I don't understand why every is so...."keep it out of the house", "go to bed earlier", my motto, if you want it, make it fit into your day!!
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello Jigglers. I love them. My husband made some this week and they have been satisfying my sweet tooth. Also I am guessing completly unrelated, but I lost 2lbs first day and 1.4 second day I was eating them. There is some info out there that Gelatin is good for digestion, so maybe that is why. Either way they are super good, love Lime mixed with Orange.