Sodium intake?

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been logging for a little over 2 weeks now and have lost 3 pounds. I know that this is an alright amount of weight to lose in that time frame, but one thing I have noticed is that I am almost always over on my sodium. I drink about 2-3 full water bottles a day.

I think the big reason I am always over on sodium is because I am a big fan of Campell's soups; they keep me full and, for example, the ABC vegetable is only 250 calories, but contains about 1500mg of sodium.

Anyways, my big questions are: does sodium effect weight loss? Should I drink more water if I am in the 3000-4000 mg of sodium a day range? Cut out the campbell's?

Replies

• EASchmidtE
    EASchmidtE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Everything I've heard/read tells me that high sodium intake can affect your weight loss. Too much sodium can make your body retain water, which, you're drinking a lot of which could affect your weight. Way too much sodium can really mess up your body's electrical systems and can lead to serious medical problems.

I live by myself during the week and I'm not allowed to cook in my room. I can warm things up in the microwave, but cooking is a no-no. Just yesterday at the grocery store, I found some healthy choice microwaveable soups which are reasonably priced, and they have relatively low calorie and sodium counts.

Hope this helps!
    EASchmidtE