Suggestions???????

Options
Does anyone have any good workout suggestions? I get bored just walking on the treadmill and was hoping someone would suggest a dance type of workout that I can buy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jcnbarb4RN
    Options
    My daughter's ages 25 and 20 love Zumba! If you have a Wii, it's only $39.99 right now. My oldest daugther is also enjoying Kinecct for the XBOX 360. Both are dance works outs and teach you to dance! They love it !!
  • lady_hellis
    lady_hellis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Get a Zumba DVD, I rotate between the gym and Zumba.... Love it
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    Definetely ZUMBA!

You can find on youtube several videos and make your own playlist, and if you really like it, buy the original video. But I must say, I like the videos posted by teachers much more fun than the original zumba.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2..i have it for the Wii..absolutely love it!!
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I also have the Zumba for Wii game. Another popular dance type workout is Turbo Jam. Love them both!
  • hjaawyk
    hjaawyk Posts: 10
    Options
    just dance 2 and zumba are my favorite ways to workout on the wii!!! the zumba dvds are also really good if you don't have a wiii!!! It is amazingly fun and you will feel the pain from the awesome workout... plus you get to advance the better you get with zumba!!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I have an XBOX Kinect and have the Dance Central and Zumba games! Zumba kicks my butt and burns more calories but Dance Central burns PLENTY (100 in 17 minutes) and is so FUN! I highly recommend both! I also bought an $18.00, 10lb Kettlebell (Danskin brand) from WalMart and it came with a DVD with 3 workouts and it burns like 200 calories in 20 minutes. It's kind of fun too.
  • Slicka92
    Options
    Zumba!!
  • brandi2882
    Options
    I really enjoy working out on the Wii. Zumba and Just Dance 2 are so much fun, they do not feel like working out. Wii Fit is a good program that covers tons of different activities too. It also helps keep track of where you are at.
  • christinedossett
    christinedossett Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To play the Just Dance game do you need to purchase any special things?
  • KyleeLane
    Options
    I really want a wii after reading this post...

There are some really fun Roller Derby workout DVDs out there! Fairly easy to google and get decent shopping results. Best of all, you dont need ANY workout gear to get started.
  • onehicchic
    Options
    Yoga is low impact and is great for strenghtening. Zumba is fun and I just did Just Dance 2 on the wii tonight. WOW It was harder than I thought and it is great exercise.
  • onehicchic
    Options
    To play the Just Dance game do you need to purchase any special things?

Nope, you just need the wii remote....and of course your wii game console. :)
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My husband just got us a Wii system & balance board today. I'm so excited! And after reading about the awesome games here I'm pumped! :bigsmile:

We got 2 sports games with the system & bought Wii Fit2!

Godd Luck christinedossett!
  • christinedossett
    Options
    Yes we have a Wii and my daughter wants Just Dance anyway so guess I'll be getting that!
  • christinedossett
    Options
    Thanks ChristineW, we love the Wii. I play the bowling game with the kids alot. Let me know how you like it.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you know you can dance all on your own, and its easier than trying to follow steps!, get some good music and start going at it!
  • spiritgirl
    Options
    Great comment shreddingit! You do not need to spend a lot of money on workout equipment..just get moving and free dance is a wonderful way to burn calories for free!
  • hjaawyk
    hjaawyk Posts: 10
    Options
    just the game... you hold the remote in your hand and follow along!