Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Strange Birds- Birdy.

I just heard this song the other day- and it just knocked me right upside the head with how poignant the words were to describe how I've felt about/currently feel about myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLI63hBQ7A
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Crazy B!tch - Buckcherry

needs no explanation
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Disturbed - Stupify

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6ZHsM0U5Q

I have my reasons.
    +1

Disturbed - Indestructible
  • MCarbary0705
    Options
    "The Way I Am" by Eminem or "Syndrome" by Gemini Syndrome
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Dignity by Deacon Blue - 1st gig I went to at 18 and song is a bit of an anthem here in Glasgow

If anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OWqzFlOVkI
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    "Fat" by Weird Al Yankovic... parody of "Bad" by Michael Jackson
  • KatMarieLivinG
    KatMarieLivinG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Open Arms - Gary Go

Reason: Recently broke up with my fiance of 7 years. Packing a couple of bags, picking up my dog, and moving to the other side of Canada. Have no idea what awaits me. New adventure ahead.

Whatever happened to this city?
    It's not like it used to be
    Whatever happened to you?
    Whatever happened to me?
    Gotta look myself in the eye
    And say it's gonna be alright
    Maybe everything won't be alright
    All the time
    I've gotta take these chances where they are
    And it's gonna be alright
    I've gotta see things
    For what they are at the time
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    "Numb" by Linkin Park
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    "Love will tear us apart" Joy Division
  • acoolmom3
    acoolmom3 Posts: 16
    Options
    So hard to pick just one.

Bless the Broken Road - I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for the challenges I've had to overcome and the roads I were either forced to take or chose to take. They led me to where I am now and I love the person I am now!

Let it Go - VERY hard lesson to learn, but well worth it. There are things in life we cannot control and we just have to let it go.

Time is Love - We are only given so many minutes on this earth. Make the most of every single one and make sure the people you love know it!

Music is what feelings sound like!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    IDK...what's the song about the shy introvert with social anxiety and body image issues trying to reinvent herself through a new career? Yeah, that's the one.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

Because "the next time that he (my ex husband) cheats, you know it won't be on me" Plus it pretty much describes what I wanted to do to his precious truck, but I had too much self control and common sense to actually do it, lol
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    INSX-- Devil Inside.

Is it about me? No. It's opening credits music for a movie version of stuff I wrote. Been editing a lot lately for kicks and giggles.

Cake-- Short Skirt, Long Jacket

Would just be cool to be that girl. And the lryics "She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, trading in her MG for a white Chrysler LeBaron" makes me laugh every time.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Titanium-- Sia/David Guetta

Because I'm bulletproof. Also.. it makes me dance.

That's my theme song as well :flowerforyou:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    "Up to the Mountain" - I prefer the Kelly Clarkson version from Idol gives back with Jeff Beck (freaking amazing)

Why - because no matter how many times I get kicked, I keep coming back and getting my strength from Up Above!

If you want to listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNYvzXQ3m4
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have two:
    Roar by Katy Perry - According to my trainer, it describes me to a T
    Overcomer by Mandisa- one of my friends on my FL here on MFP gave me that one because I keep having obstacles thrown in my path and I keep working at finding ways to over come them and keep going (for example struggled with eating right, weighing and measuring my food, tracking everything working out 6 days a week and gained 40lbs in a year all the while being told there was nothing wrong with me, finally went to an endocrinologist to discover that I'm hypothyroid and insulin resistant, got medicated and had some tweaks done to my food, started the very slow path of actually losing weight.... just in time for my knees to start having problems, just finished physical therapy on that (unsuccessfully) and starting cortisone injections, but it hasn't slowed me down, I may have had to modify things to keep going, but I'm overcoming those obstacles
  • kimberleerogers
    kimberleerogers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Best day of my life by American Authors

At this very moment... it changes

This song because A) It's how I live my life...today is going to be the best day so far! It's all in attitude and a positive outlook.

B) Everyone calls it my song...it's apparently my beat lol and something that sounds like me some how...
  • poodlenoodlemuffin
    poodlenoodlemuffin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Toss up between New Song by Leaf

http://youtu.be/9BE4PMDrQGI

or Words by- Kate Miller-Heidke .

http://youtu.be/xoCNFFBaOek

Love the positive message in the first song, and the other is a mild dig about making assumptions about other peoples personalities based on what they've chosen to show you.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was Adam's Song by Blink 182 but I'm in a generally better state of mind now so idk! c: