Should I start lifting again now?

Options
A couple of years ago I was following NROLFW while losing weight and it was fairly successful, unfortunately I went way off the rails before getting anywhere near target. Finally got my head screwed on again and the weight is coming off, although the only real exercise I'm getting is walking. With over 100 pounds still to go should I start lifting again now? Or wait till I've lost some more?

Replies

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If you feel you are in a position where you can lift with the right form and are comfortable with the exercises, you have nothing to lose (except those last pounds lol).
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Don't wait - start now!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think for the first few weeks the weight would be pretty light so my poor unused muscles could get reacquainted with it but other than that I think I'd be fine. I feel at my weight I'd struggle with a lot of cardio and I'm not even sure I want to be doing that, lifting is more fun!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Say yes to lifting now and forevers!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Definitely start now!

I also fell off the NROLFW Wagon last year and I'm just now getting serious about lifting again. I'm going to be doing strong lifts 5x5 this time, though.