Would you hate your parents ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a kid, it was very apparent I wasn't the favorite. I accepted it.

As an adult, I'm like their personal Money Tree, so definitely a favorite now -- all for the wrong reasons. Do I care? No.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    No. I already know I'm not the favourite child, but it honestly doesn't bother me lol
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Not at all. My parents have terrible taste in people. You can tell because you can see who they married.

I know this feel
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am an only child, so yes, I would have some questions for them.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My mom does have a favourite.

That favourite is not me.

I do not hate her for it. I do however point it out whenever she starts with the "I have no favourites all of you are equal"
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Not at all. My parents have terrible taste in people. You can tell because you can see who they married.

I think the same thing of one of my parents about both spouses, but just in case I have a spy here, I'm not saying which.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It was always obvious my whole life who the favorites where in my family, and it wasn't me. I've had a lifetime to adjust to it.

I think it was in the movie "Prince of Tides" where the mother took each of her kids aside and told each one that they were her favorite and that it was a big secret and they should never tell. That scene surprised me (I think everyone as there was a laugh in the theater when she pulled the 2nd and 3rd aside and said the same secret to each!) But I thought it was actually pretty cool in a way... even tho the mother saying it in the movie was sorta psycho.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i have 3 kids ages 3, 5 & 7. i regularly tell each and every one of them 'youre my favourite' lol. they hear me say it to the others and to them... theyre all my favourite really lol i have a bro and dont really remember being in that situation tho, maybe my mum didnt like either of us much haha x
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am not the favourite, my younger sister is . A lot of people think my parents only have one child. I don't hate them but I don't like them either.
    Im not saying that in a petty sulk. My parents have been abusive in their favouritism.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It was always obvious my whole life who the favorites where in my family, and it wasn't me. I've had a lifetime to adjust to it.

I think it was in the movie "Prince of Tides" where the mother took each of her kids aside and told each one that they were her favorite and that it was a big secret and they should never tell. That scene surprised me (I think everyone as there was a laugh in the theater when she pulled the 2nd and 3rd aside and said the same secret to each!) But I thought it was actually pretty cool in a way... even tho the mother saying it in the movie was sorta psycho.

I STRONGLY suspect my grandmother did this with each of her ten children. My mom and favorite aunt have both confided in me that their mom favored them, and one of my uncles said things to the same effect!

I'm an only child.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't hate them. I'm the make-up/i-won't-cheat-on-you-baby,-i-promise sex result, so I wasn't well tolerated. My oldest brother, otoh, SAINT. They made a flipping shrine for him when he died.
  • inky16
    inky16 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My parents always loved my brother and I in very different ways. We each were shown favoritism about different things. Just a small example -- I never had a curfew, but my parent's would've killed me for drinking. My brother had a curfew through high school, but they didn't care if he drank as long as he had a ride.

Looking back, I think it's because they recognized we were (and are) completely different people. I resented it for a while, because I just wanted us to be equal. But now I'm super grateful for it.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't hate them and both my parents have died so I would just like to have them back no matter who they favor in my family:smile:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    as a kid i tried to get my mum to claim a favorite all the time. i'd pose different scenarios to her in which she'd have to choose or she would meet a painful death, and she never would. i am absolutely sure that she would do anything - include sacrifice her own life, and my dad's (still her husband) to spare one of us kids. she loves us all greatly - i am certain of that. if she has a favorite, it's never affected me, and she's never really let it show.

my dad, i don't think he really has a favorite either. i think he's closest with my big sister. but, i was the jock growing up - he would cart me around to various games during traveling soccer and basketball seasons. i think as us kids get older and come into our own, he loves us all pretty equally too. i'm not sure he loves us quite as fiercely as my mum, but definitely a great deal. i had growing up, and still have now, a ton of love from and for my parents and other siblings.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even care.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you were drinking when you created this topic and just drunk stewing? :drinker: :drinker:
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I tell my kids all the time which one is my favorite. :laugh:
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    If you found out that they had a favourite child and it wasn't you ?

oh, and imagine that they actually said it out loud.

I know I'm not the favorite child and that's fine with me. I'm too old to really worry about it.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm the favorite, but they'd never admit it to me.