Question...

Options
I work as a housekeeper 2 to 4 days a week for about 4 to 6 hrs each day. Should I add it to my exercise? Should I add the whole time I work or just part of it if I do add it?

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Yes totally add it! It's even in the database for exercise. Track the total amount. :smile:
  • wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi - when you set up your profile, did you select active for your lifestyle? That will adjust your calories taking into account that you have an active day. I only add my exercise calories when my focus is exercise nothing additional, but that is just me. I think everyone does it differently depending on what works for your journey.
    Good luck!
  • bbrose69
    Options
    I work at a job walking most of the day and didn't add it as it was calculated when I initially setup my profile goals. I guess it depends on the type of work that you entered in your setup as the more active your work is the more calories you are alloted. If you added it as exercise and then started eating more than you were burning your not going to get the results. :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the last - if you set as active don't log it or it will count it twice. It might be best in your case to put sedentary and then log your cleaning as you don't do it every day - otherwise if you set it as active you should undereat by 300-400 cals on your less active days.
  • AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't think so, I think you should have set your profile with an active lifestyle. That should already count it automatically.
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    I agree set your activity level to active. Since it is your job and you do it almost everyday, your body is used to it and won't register as actualy exercise.
  • AmKaPa83
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!