Most calories you've burned while working out?

Options
Stats? What did you do to burn that much calories and how long were you working out for?

Replies

• kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    1300 calories according to my HRM, elliptical and treadmill, about 2 hours
  • givingitmybest
    givingitmybest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2,742 Calories running 13.5 miles, for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    225 minutes of boxing and a little bike riding. I burned over 3200 calories.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1,00 calories, two hour and a half hours, and i rotated cardio machines!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I burned a couple thousand over a very long run and again on a really long hike. High calorie burns aren't always a good idea.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I burned a couple thousand over a very long run and again on a really long hike. High calorie burns aren't always a good idea.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

article ref. metabolic damage/epair/starvation mode/triathlete gains 15 pounds http://www.exrx.net/Questions/StarvationEffect.html

Kind of funny how we reference the same study. I keep this on my wall wen people talk about under eating and having similar symptoms as the 52 year old.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Several thousand. Running up 14ers in CO. Prob in the 4-6000 cal range. So much that its impossible to eat enough to not drop weight. Distances range from 15 to 40miles.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No idea! I really don't pay that much attention to those suggested calories burned most of the time.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't monitored it for my marathons so I don't really know. I hiked 21 miles cross-country on a Saturday last month and I'm sure that was a significant burn. (It felt like a marathon.) I burned a few thousand 2 weeks ago backpacking in rough, steep terrain for 11+ hours over two days. My body is very small and efficient. I have to run all-out for a mile to burn about 100 calories. Most of the time I'm sedentary, but when I'm active, I'm hard-core. Off for another wilderness adventure tomorrow! :drinker:
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    2,742 Calories running 13.5 miles, for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Nice run!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    According to my Garmin watch, I burned about 1450 calories on a 19.5Km hike once (took about 4 hrs).
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    3720 during a marathon. Do I win?
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    15 mile run which was around 1700 calories. typically its around 115 cal per mile ran.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Apparently I burned just over 1200 one day when I did zero to 10k in the morning and a 5k in the afternoon? lol
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    I feel so inadequate with my runs burning 100cal per km, 1500 for a 15k is where I max out. Seeing some people near 4000... Wow.

LSRs are great burns. I dare say there is no more efficient way to burn massive calories.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    26.2mile run. My last marathon.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    1,016 calories doing 70 minutes on the elliptical set on resistance level "9" on my machine. But that was 10 lbs ago and I realized soon afterwards that I don't need to kill myself like that to keep on a steady weight-loss journey.

I am 5'11 and I figured out after workout-days like those that I don't need to kill myself to enjoy weigh loss success. Moderate exercise, coupled with good food choices during my day is all it took...
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've done quite a few 2k+ and 3k+ burns. I don't know how one has a crazy calorie deficit and then does large amounts of exercise. I usually do about 250 - 500 calories over maintenance on days I burn 1k+ in calories. Plan on biking in Chicago on Sunday. Around 40 miles. Going to Giordano's to make up for it. :)
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Those are some huge burns! :noway: