Hello.

Options
Hi, my name is Kassie.

I've been in a constant food battle for the past 5 years, I've been diagnosed with bulimia nervosa (restricting tendencies) and am sick and tired of looking for my dreams of perfection at the bottom of a toilet bowl (perfect quote). I am looking for a healthier way of doing things, I've developed an arythmia and my heart can't take binge purge cycles anymore. I'm desperately searching for a safe way of doing this. I'm not planning on being the next young woman to lose her battle with food. I can do this, I'm hoping you can help?

Replies

• Baobab
    Baobab Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kassie.

I've been in a constant food battle for the past 5 years, I've been diagnosed with bulimia nervosa (restricting tendencies) and am sick and tired of looking for my dreams of perfection at the bottom of a toilet bowl (perfect quote). I am looking for a healthier way of doing things, I've developed an arythmia and my heart can't take binge purge cycles anymore. I'm desperately searching for a safe way of doing this. I'm not planning on being the next young woman to lose her battle with food. I can do this, I'm hoping you can help?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

If you can work on this one minute at a time this site is probably the perfect place to balance your eating and exercise habits to a healthy level.

I hope you're seeking medical support at the same time you're reaching out to others because what you may think you see and feel from this site needs to balanced with what a physician knows about you personally.

Again welcome and reach out when you need to. :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome :drinker: There are a lot of us who have used every kind of diet, starvation and diet pills but as we all found out it does not work. You can get a lot of support here and you will see this is a better way to be healthy and enjoy life. YOU CAN DO THIS. :drinker: :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    First I want to welcome you!!!! Very happy to meet you!:flowerforyou:

and second...I totally agree w/ Rheston, this site will be an great tool to help you get healthy and stay that way, but I hope you are seeking medical help too hon, because while I know you can do this....and we'll be rooting for you all the way....you do need to get the right support to monitor and make sure you're okay physically etc....

I have to say I'm very impressed with you already girl....I wish you nothing but the best and hope to get to know you better!!!

hugs and best of luck!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Baobab
    Options
    I am actually seeing multiple doctors, I go for treatment on September 9th. I see a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a general practitioner, an addictions worker, a social worker and a dialectical behavioral therapy skills worker.

See, my psychiatric diagnosis aren't limited to bulimia so I see lots of people. I am working on everything so no worries there.
  • emtchip
    emtchip Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been batthling my weight all my life. We are here to support and help you! Cardiac arrythimia is no joke....take it from a paramedic. Be smart and you will loose weight and keep it off forever! I am being smart about it this time and have lost over 30 pounds so far..........you will do it to! Good Luck and reach out when you need it! :bigsmile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome and its so awesome that you are taking this first step, it takes a strong person to realize something is wrong and to want better for themselves. Your already that strong and already an inspiration my dear. Good luck and we are here if you need us.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're hear for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome - Glad you are here. :heart:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hi Kassie!
    Welcome...I've struggled with what you've mentioned for a very long time, I read that you only rid yourself of 50% at MOST of the calories when you purge, too bad I believed for 10 years that I was getting rid of all of them....it's a nasty habit I know. It is safe to say that diet and exercise is the best way to go and it builds confidence that you can do it the right way. Addictions are really tough to beat... Just an observation, but how do your doctors feel about you getting to 90 lbs? From your picture, you look pretty thin already, this is probably the wrong thing to tell you, but it's just an observation from what you've presented about yourself. Sometime people with ed will always think that they can afford to lose more even when they don't need to or it is unhealthy to....anyway, best of luck on getting healthy and loving yourself the way you deserve :heart:
  • Baobab
    Options
    Thank you for the replies everyone :)