65 pounds lost in a year.

Options
When I began, a year ago, I was 190 lbs and now I am 125 ibs. I went from a u.s. size 14 to 4. I did all this my counting calories and being very active. I had no exercise plan and did have about 1-3 cheat meals (which surprisingly do not affect the weight loss on bit). My exercise was mostly for the purpose of fun such as hiking, biking,swimming,running and climbing. That's the best way to motivate to do exercise. It should be fun! I counted everything. My main challenges to making myself eat more because i got into the habit of eating only 1,200 kcals while being very active.

I started out with the intention to be healthy, not primarily for my appearance but living a healthy, disease free life-style. Though, I won't lie, it feels pretty good wearing a size four pair of jeans.
It's no longer a diet but a life-style change.

Because of my frame I will never be a size 0 but that's only ideal based on an unrealistic image of women created by the fashion industry. That is actually very harmful. I wish, I would have taken before and after photos now. :(

It can be done with determination and i hope this gives hope to people who are just starting out.I wish them the best of luck.

Replies

• VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done - you are a great inspiration!
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    wow, so inspirational.

That is a lot of weight that you managed to lose in just a year!
  • AidaCarla180
    AidaCarla180 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Am inspired. Thanx for sharing ^_^ :noway:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job :) The same weight I started at and where I'm working towards as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!