Hi im new here

Options
Hello all
I decided to join as I thought I would give calorie counting a try. I have tried almost every diet but start feeling restricted about what you can have. I was hoping by calorie counting I can just eat with the family rather than saying I can't have certain things. I hope I worked out my calories out for the day correctly. It is recommended 1200 cals. I then added my food for the day and didn't think I ate a lot but I am already over by 200 cals. This doesn't leave me any room for snacks. I love the fact this site works it all out for you as maths isn't one of my strong points. Wish me well on my journey. I will hopefully ty not to pester people if I get lost on here.

Replies

• AKHerring
    AKHerring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is also 1200, it is more than you think. If you work out and log your work out than you get more calories! You can do this.... Welcome for joining MFP =]
  • kate1398
    Options
    Hey there and welcome....just keep tracking and you will find out what you need to cut down on or change. I like you have tried MANY diets so I'm hoping that this calorie counting will work for me. Definitely need to exercise to see any real results though and that is my biggest challenge.
  • sabell82
    Options
    Try to look at other people's food logs as well to get a good idea of what types of food they are eating and portion sizes...portions are where I had to be careful.
  • cookcs1984
    cookcs1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome battles!
    I'm new to the site myself, but I'm loving it so far.
    I've tried a lot of different diets in the past, but so far calorie counting has worked the best.
    I'm certain you'll reach your goal this year.
    Hey sabell82, I didn't realize you could look at other people's food logs. How do you go about doing that?
    Wow, if other people can see what I eat, I'm definitely going to be more conscious of what I consume. I don't want people being like, "Seriously... you ate a whole GALLON of ice cream?" LOL!
  • battles
    Options
    Thank you for the replys. Im not sure if I know yet how to look at other people diarys for help. I will have a good look round. Can other poeple see what I put down for my food intake and offer advice, or is that personal to me. Thanks again for the warm welcome hopefully this is just what I need.
  • battles
    Options
    Hi cooks thanks for your welcome and good luck on your journey. It certainly makes you think twice about what you eat especially if you lose the plot. I will log all I do in the hope it would make me be careful with my choices. I really hope this will enclourage me to be in control. Im sick to death of dieting.
  • sabell82
    Options
    Welcome battles!
    I'm new to the site myself, but I'm loving it so far.
    I've tried a lot of different diets in the past, but so far calorie counting has worked the best.
    I'm certain you'll reach your goal this year.
    Hey sabell82, I didn't realize you could look at other people's food logs. How do you go about doing that?
    Wow, if other people can see what I eat, I'm definitely going to be more conscious of what I consume. I don't want people being like, "Seriously... you ate a whole GALLON of ice cream?" LOL!

Hey cookcs1984!

When you look at someone's profile, the green buttons to the right "send message" "add friend", there might be a third option "view diary" and you can see it there. The person has to make it that way in their settings I believe. I like it because it makes me more accountable.