Need foods high in Vitamin A and Iron.

Options
I always end up with a percent lower than 70 for iron and vitamin a. I'm not sure what iron's used for, but I know vitamin a is for your eyes and skin, which is probably why my vision sucks and my skin easily gets dry and flaky in the cold. Any suggestions for foods with Vitamin A and Iron?

Also, my sodium is always like 1-2,000 over. And my sugar is always like 4g over.
My calcium is always like 30% over. My Vitamin C is too. Is this good or bad to be over on a good thing. I know too much of a good thing is a bad thing, but in this case, what are the consequences?

Replies

• AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I dont think going that much over with Calcium or Vitamin C will do anything to you. I have heard over doing it all the time can be hard on your liver, since it is our body's filter. If you are concerned about the sodium, just eat less processed foods, and more fruits and veggies, and make sure you are drinking all of your water, if not a little extra. Carrots should help with the vitamin A, Strawberries and Spinach are good for the iron. I make fruit smoothies with a handful of raw spinach in them (You wont even notice it I promise!), or toss a handful in a salad or a wrap.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    My pediatrician suggested Cream of Wheat because it is fairly high in iron. We've added that into our breakfast menu and it is a nice switch from oatmeal. It (like oatmeal) is perfect with berries or bananas.