2.5 Years

Options
Hello,

I have been using MFP for over 2.5 years. I have had great success losing and then maintaining weight.

Recently I have been struggling staying on track. It is weird for me because I have been doing very well for so long.

I am looking for that "feeling great" attitude! I am in need for some new MFP friends that would like to continue this journey with me!

I am a very active person. I do everything I can to ensure that my health is a priority. This has been my biggest challenge lately and my hope is that I can find my mojo! :glasses:

Please feel free to add me - bubba9891

Thanks!

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best. I have been doing this over three years and maintaining for the last couple. I have been struggling with maintenance. I still eat right and exercise, but it is like my body want to be fat again. ???? But I refuse to go back to fat. Add me if you think I can help. I am on here everyday with a rare exception. I still need this to keep me straight. Apparently I can't be trusted when left to my own devices and need people to kick my butt a bit, lol.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying - sometimes we hit a wall even though we have incorporated health and fitness into our lives for years now. For example, last night I really didn't want to go for a run (and I love to run) - or even do yoga which is my true love. It was raining and I had to force myself to answer internal questions about what I really needed to do. Even though I knew the answers, instead I wanted to sit around at home. This is good for some people but for me is the bong of death. So, I made myself walk out that door and into the mist. When I was on the road I was still debating which route to take - quick and easy or just go for broke? My neighbor who never speaks to me stopped to talk and proceeded to tell me that I have been an inspiration to her for so many years. She sees me running, biking, hiking, and playing in the yard with the kids. Unbeknownst to me, I influenced her and over the past year she has become more active and has lost 15 lbs. I ended up going for broke and took the hard route and even finished the last two miles with an NSV (pouring rain by this point - I hate soggy socks & shoes). I felt like a million bucks when I entered my front door (of course, I looked like a wet dog but that's beside the fact LOL). I'll be happy to be friends. However, I don't often log on here over the weekends or at night but I'm on during the day except during the winter and occasionally in the nice months. Send me a request if interested.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have also been on here a couple years...had a slip up over the winter and put on 10 lbs so I'm back at it and have almost lost everything I put on! Being on here and surrounding myself with positive influence has been essential for me! Feel free to add me if you like, and good luck to you!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I have been here for 2 years and had lost 56lbs but then gained back some of it. Now trying to get into the same mode but struggling with it. Feel free to add me.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying - sometimes we hit a wall even though we have incorporated health and fitness into our lives for years now. For example, last night I really didn't want to go for a run (and I love to run) - or even do yoga which is my true love. It was raining and I had to force myself to answer internal questions about what I really needed to do. Even though I knew the answers, instead I wanted to sit around at home. This is good for some people but for me is the bong of death. So, I made myself walk out that door and into the mist. When I was on the road I was still debating which route to take - quick and easy or just go for broke? My neighbor who never speaks to me stopped to talk and proceeded to tell me that I have been an inspiration to her for so many years. She sees me running, biking, hiking, and playing in the yard with the kids. Unbeknownst to me, I influenced her and over the past year she has become more active and has lost 15 lbs. I ended up going for broke and took the hard route and even finished the last two miles with an NSV (pouring rain by this point - I hate soggy socks & shoes). I felt like a million bucks when I entered my front door (of course, I looked like a wet dog but that's beside the fact LOL). I'll be happy to be friends. However, I don't often log on here over the weekends or at night but I'm on during the day except during the winter and occasionally in the nice months. Send me a request if interested.

Love this story...I think sometimes I lose motivation as the positive feedback slows down or stops. My weight loss is still new so that has not happened yet, but I know it will. I know that is when I will have to dig deep and remember where I began.

OP-Now that I am more at a manintenance point I have to change my focus, not on weight loss but on strength and fitness.
    So, maybe you need a new focus...a new physical challenge, something you never thought you could do. I joined a Crossfit "type" gym, something I never thought I could do, and now I can do pushups...yep, real live "Man" pushups. :)
  • BubbaLax
    BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. It is comforting to know there are others who struggle with the same things.

I will get back on track. I got this!