anyone use herbalife?

Options
2»

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Someone wake me up when the bright kids in the lab coats come up with a diet pill that actually does work, won't kill me, and won't stop working, and I'll take it every day for life. And if it gets banned, they can take it from me when they pry it from my cold, dead, slim fingers.

There are safe and effective medications that control my high blood pressure, help control my blood glucose levels, help lower my cholesterol, pain meds to alleviate my joint pain, even meds to control and stabilize my mood disorder. Gosh, I'm so lucky!! I guess I can continue to eat poorly, not exercise and drop my therapy because I have all those marvels of modern pharmacology to rely on.

NOT! I started here to lose weight. I stay here to increase my health and well-being on all fronts through my own efforts (learning to eat well, exercise, practice self control, determination, accountability, discipline and responsibility). It is SO much more satisfying than popping a handful of pills every morning!

At some point there is logic in looking for shortcuts. Let us say your therapy required six hours of your day and four more outside therapy of intense focus.

You'd get nothing else done. At that point, if a pill existed to replace your therapy you'd probably be advised to take it, unless you're independently wealthy and don't require energy and time for actual employment.

I find fighting hunger energy, time, and willpower consuming. Sign me up for the pill when and if it's ever available, I have more important things to do.

Ok, I'll bite. Yes, I did a 30day stint in a IIP treatment plan (intensive inpatient) which required hours of counseling, group therapy, medical intervention to address my issue. During that time I learned the techniques I practice today that reduce/eliminate the need for medication. Is your little magic pill going to teach you the means to eliminate hunger, increase your energy, better manage your time, and God forbid, acquire some willpower? But I guess people looking for the easier, softer way will always look for an external cure rather than address the internal sources of the problem and apply effort to correct/remove the problem at its source.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Someone wake me up when the bright kids in the lab coats come up with a diet pill that actually does work, won't kill me, and won't stop working, and I'll take it every day for life. And if it gets banned, they can take it from me when they pry it from my cold, dead, slim fingers.

There are safe and effective medications that control my high blood pressure, help control my blood glucose levels, help lower my cholesterol, pain meds to alleviate my joint pain, even meds to control and stabilize my mood disorder. Gosh, I'm so lucky!! I guess I can continue to eat poorly, not exercise and drop my therapy because I have all those marvels of modern pharmacology to rely on.

NOT! I started here to lose weight. I stay here to increase my health and well-being on all fronts through my own efforts (learning to eat well, exercise, practice self control, determination, accountability, discipline and responsibility). It is SO much more satisfying than popping a handful of pills every morning!

At some point there is logic in looking for shortcuts. Let us say your therapy required six hours of your day and four more outside therapy of intense focus.

You'd get nothing else done. At that point, if a pill existed to replace your therapy you'd probably be advised to take it, unless you're independently wealthy and don't require energy and time for actual employment.

I find fighting hunger energy, time, and willpower consuming. Sign me up for the pill when and if it's ever available, I have more important things to do.

Ok, I'll bite. Yes, I did a 30day stint in a IIP treatment plan (intensive inpatient) which required hours of counseling, group therapy, medical intervention to address my issue. During that time I learned the techniques I practice today that reduce/eliminate the need for medication. Is your little magic pill going to teach you the means to eliminate hunger, increase your energy, better manage your time, and God forbid, acquire some willpower? But I guess people looking for the easier, softer way will always look for an external cure rather than address the internal sources of the problem and apply effort to correct/remove the problem at its source.

The idea is that the pill won't require me to expend finite resources, namely focus, energy, and willpower. If it ever exists, I'm taking it, feel free to judge me for that, more pills for me, have a nice day! :flowerforyou:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

The idea is that the pill won't require me to expend finite resources, namely focus, energy, and willpower. If it ever exists, I'm taking it, feel free to judge me for that, more pills for me, have a nice day! :flowerforyou:

Now I want to jump back in. Some of the most important lessons we have to learn in life are time consuming and require much of us mentally and physically. People will always search for the easy way out. Easy is not always for the best. It most always comes with a cost.

I hope you have a nice Saturday. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    The obvious reason people use ANY product to lose weight is because they want to lose weight. Is it because they don't know how to lose weight, or is it because they believe this makes the process faster?
    Weight loss comes down to calorie deficit for ANY program. Eventually every program has some sort of maintenance once one reaches goal, but it resembles nothing of what they did to get there in the first place (no product). So generally regain of weight happens.
    Programs like Herbalife substitute a shake for a meal. What do you learn goes in place of this when you stop? Nothing because you've been programmed to just use it instead of eat food.
    Look to the future. If you aren't going to do the program for life, the chances are HIGH that weight regain will happen. Statistics are that 90% of people who diet, regain weight because their last diet wasn't sustainable.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jestinia
    Options

Now I want to jump back in. Some of the most important lessons we have to learn in life are time consuming and require much of us mentally and physically. People will always search for the easy way out. Easy is not always for the best. It most always comes with a cost.

It's like walking versus driving somewhere. Sometimes it's better to walk even if it's slower and takes more energy, but sometimes I contend it's better to drive. You have a nice Saturday, too! :flowerforyou:

Edit: Have to add one more thing! In this case, I don't think the car has been invented yet, not a safe, sustainable car. Doesn't stop me from hoping one day it will be.
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I do Herbalife, but I don't follow the "plan" that was set up for me. I use it more of a quick meal when i get busy with work. They taste okay.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You'll find people who tried it and like it.
    You'll find people who tried it and didn't like it.
    You'll find people who think a temporary solution to a lifestyle problem is poor problem solving.
  • noaharos
    noaharos Posts: 4
    Options
    I have doing Herbalife for 2 years. I lost 35 lbs in 3 months and have kept off 47 lbs for 2 years still using Herbalife. I actually eat more than I did trying to lose weight before. Yes, losing weight is about calorie reduction, but proper calorie restriction requires higher nutrient foods and Herbalife ensures that I get all the nutrients I need. Only try Herbalife if you are working with a coach. Do not just buy the product.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I have doing Herbalife for 2 years. I lost 35 lbs in 3 months and have kept off 47 lbs for 2 years still using Herbalife. I actually eat more than I did trying to lose weight before. Yes, losing weight is about calorie reduction, but proper calorie restriction requires higher nutrient foods and Herbalife ensures that I get all the nutrients I need. Only try Herbalife if you are working with a coach. Do not just buy the product.
    So how much are you paying a month to continue Herbalife?

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • noaharos
    Options
    With Herbalife, you are suppose to get a personal coach alongside to work with you. I have worked with the same coach for 2 years and I lost 35 lbs in 3 months initially and have lost 47 lbs altogether. I use the athletic line to compete in triathlons or when I have a new health goal. Herbalife is food and if you use it right, you can get the results you are looking for.
  • MilaVidaLoca
    MilaVidaLoca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My friend tried it. She lost some pounds but she didnt like it. You want to lose weight natually, then youll be keep it off.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    With Herbalife, you are suppose to get a personal coach alongside to work with you. I have worked with the same coach for 2 years and I lost 35 lbs in 3 months initially and have lost 47 lbs altogether. I use the athletic line to compete in triathlons or when I have a new health goal. Herbalife is food and if you use it right, you can get the results you are looking for.
    So how much are you spending a month?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

It's like walking versus driving somewhere. Sometimes it's better to walk even if it's slower and takes more energy, but sometimes I contend it's better to drive. You have a nice Saturday, too! :flowerforyou:

Edit: Have to add one more thing! In this case, I don't think the car has been invented yet, not a safe, sustainable car. Doesn't stop me from hoping one day it will be.

Funny, one day not so long ago I hoped to develop better eating and fitness habits. Then I stopped hoping and started making it happen.

You keep hoping while others make it happen.
  • noaharos
    Options
    On my shakes, post recovery, supplements, and tea, I spend about 150 a month.

All the supplements that I use, I can feel a difference when using them.
  • Jestinia
    Options

Funny, one day not so long ago I hoped to develop better eating and fitness habits. Then I stopped hoping and started making it happen.

You keep hoping while others make it happen.

You judge me unfairly. I did make it happen. I lost until I was (and am) in the healthy weight range for my height. I have remained that way for well over a year now. I was also quite fit until I busted up my knees jogging and suffered worsening respiratory symptoms all last year.

But it costs me time, focus, and energy. All of which I could be using to improve other aspects of my life, such as a career that doesn't involve wearing a plastic nametag and being every passing idiot's smiling customer service slave. So yes, if a pill will ever let me maintain a healthy weight without effort, I will take it, and happily.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    On my shakes, post recovery, supplements, and tea, I spend about 150 a month.

All the supplements that I use, I can feel a difference when using them.
    If you're willing to KEEP spending $150 a month, then keep doing it. I'm sure many people can think of how they can use that extra $1,800 a year. The statistics show that people purchase dieting plans to lose weight and then maintenance on their own. And of course only about 10% usually succeed.
    That's why I don't advise weight loss diet plans to any of my clients. It's more important for me to educate them on THEIR choices of food and how much they can eat of it, rather than subject themselves to programs that restrict them from them.
    At 22 years old (I competed from 22 to 27 years old), I thought I NEEDED supplementation because that's what the "bros" were all doing, and I was spending a lot of money for them. When I finally stopped pouring money into them and just ate to meet my macros/micros, I didn't notice any fall off at all. I was still able to add on another 10lbs of muscle after competing and have pretty much maintained the same physique up to now.
    Point is, that I'm betting if you were receiving a placebo of the supplements you took right now, you probably wouldn't notice a difference if you're still eating well. If you need the supplements to supply your nutrition, then you still haven't learned correct eating habits yet.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The obvious reason people use ANY product to lose weight is because they want to lose weight. Is it because they don't know how to lose weight, or is it because they believe this makes the process faster?
    Weight loss comes down to calorie deficit for ANY program. Eventually every program has some sort of maintenance once one reaches goal, but it resembles nothing of what they did to get there in the first place (no product). So generally regain of weight happens.
    Programs like Herbalife substitute a shake for a meal. What do you learn goes in place of this when you stop? Nothing because you've been programmed to just use it instead of eat food.
    Look to the future. If you aren't going to do the program for life, the chances are HIGH that weight regain will happen. Statistics are that 90% of people who diet, regain weight because their last diet wasn't sustainable.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lol wow guys!.... I do just eat food, and I wasn't looking into it for a meal replacement at all actually, just something to help me feel fuller longer, see the job I have I don't get a lunch break, it's home health care and I try to eat protein high fiber meals before I go in, I'm not there forever only a few hours for each client but I had a problem with feeling very uncomfortable halfway through.. I was just looking into the shakes not the vitamins I have my own for health not to lose weight.. and I also heard they help with your energy, with three kids I hardly ever feel energetic like I use to, I feel like I can't get by without a five hour energy drink... which I really don't like at all... so far I've lost 30 pounds on mfp alone and exercise so I think I'm doing OK. It's too expensive for me to bother with any way really
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Lol wow guys!.... I do just eat food, and I wasn't looking into it for a meal replacement at all actually, just something to help me feel fuller longer, see the job I have I don't get a lunch break, it's home health care and I try to eat protein high fiber meals before I go in, I'm not there forever only a few hours for each client but I had a problem with feeling very uncomfortable halfway through.. I was just looking into the shakes not the vitamins I have my own for health not to lose weight.. and I also heard they help with your energy, with three kids I hardly ever feel energetic like I use to, I feel like I can't get by without a five hour energy drink... which I really don't like at all... so far I've lost 30 pounds on mfp alone and exercise so I think I'm doing OK. It's too expensive for me to bother with any way really

Try buying a canister of protein powder and making your own protein drink. Your low energy may be from vitamin deficiencies, you might consider having your doctor check that out.