What is my ideal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You'll know when you get closer to 150 if is good FOR YOU, and then decide from there if losing a little more is a good idea...It's ok to have a goal and change it on the way ;) Good luck!

Good idea, I just dont want to lose weight and it cause other problems like calcium deficiency etc...
    why would losing weight cause that??
  • webbyno1
    webbyno1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You'll know when you get closer to 150 if is good FOR YOU, and then decide from there if losing a little more is a good idea...It's ok to have a goal and change it on the way ;) Good luck!

Good idea, I just dont want to lose weight and it cause other problems like calcium deficiency etc...
    why would losing weight cause that??

Because I may not be having enough calcium enriched foods maybe
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

why? what are you doing to lose weight that you think might be causing calcium deficiency?
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm at my idea weight....if I were 9 feet tall!
  • webbyno1
    Options

why? what are you doing to lose weight that you think might be causing calcium deficiency?

as you get older you need more calcium, i am just saying as I am using MFP to advise me % of what carbs, protein etc i need to eat I hope thats right
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and age and am currently just over 9 1/2 stone (134lbs), I also am pretty well endowed up top as well. I could probably lose another 7lbs but I look good at this current weight :)

I eat 1600-1800 cals per day and lose approx 1/2lb per week.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and aiming for 110. I'm 56 and diabetic though. I also have little bones. Good luck!
  • webbyno1
    Options
    I'm your height and am currently just over 9 1/2 stone (134lbs), I also am pretty well endowed up top as well. I could probably lose another 7lbs but I look good at this current weight :)

According to your picture, we look very similar builds and when I was 134lbs I looked the same as you. Would you mind telling me how much exercise you do and how many calories you eat please?
  • nmlt123
    nmlt123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Throwing in my two cents, I'm 5'3", 21, an F cup, and 146 lbs. I do have a pretty solid frame, not like your average toothpick, but I know that getting below 130 would be UNhealthy for me. It definitely depends significantly on your bone structure. I'm happy where I'm at at 146, but I'm shooting for 135-140 because I'm still young and planning on getting married within the next two years. If you're happy at 150, AWESOME! :) If not, try to go down in 5-lb increments, but remember that if you have more bone mass (like me) then you will also need to maintain a minimum weight to still look like a real person. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

as you get older you need more calcium, i am just saying as I am using MFP to advise me % of what carbs, protein etc i need to eat I hope thats right

do you eat dairy and leafy greens?

ETA, if you're just using MFP macros then the carbs is a maximum and the protein a minimum.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I'm your height and am currently just over 9 1/2 stone (134lbs), I also am pretty well endowed up top as well. I could probably lose another 7lbs but I look good at this current weight :)

According to your picture, we look very similar builds and when I was 134lbs I looked the same as you. Would you mind telling me how much exercise you do and how many calories you eat please?

I actually just added that to my post, I eat 1600-1800 cals and don't eat exercise cals back unless I'm famished.
    I work out 5 days a week - jog for 45 -50 mins. on 3 days I do strength training for 30-40 mins ..and I walk alot!! my aim is 15000 steps every day (that includes my jog though :) - I used to be very inactive and now I'm the energiser bunny lol and feel great...and heck yeah I even look great lol

ps I would consider myself big boned/large framed.
  • webbyno1
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

do you eat dairy and leafy greens?

ETA, if you're just using MFP macros then the carbs is a maximum and the protein a minimum.
    [/quote]

I usually eat alternative every day between porridge with water for breakfast or natural yogurt and honey. I dont drink any milk at all, and eat little cheese. I have a yogurt alternative days for lunch too
  • webbyno1
    Options

I actually just added that to my post, I eat 1600-1800 cals and don't eat exercise cals back unless I'm famished.
    I work out 5 days a week - jog for 45 -50 mins. on 3 days I do strength training for 30-40 mins ..and I walk alot!! my aim is 15000 steps every day (that includes my jog though :) - I used to be very inactive and now I'm the energiser bunny lol and feel great...and heck yeah I even look great lol

I will probably do very similar to you when I have reached my goal. Glad its worked for you and i must say that I have a lot more energy too having lost 14lbs so far.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I usually eat alternative every day between porridge with water for breakfast or natural yogurt and honey. I dont drink any milk at all, and eat little cheese. I have a yogurt alternative days for lunch too

if you're worried about your calcium why not add a glass of milk each day?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

I will probably do very similar to you when I have reached my goal. Glad its worked for you and i must say that I have a lot more energy too having lost 14lbs so far.
    [/quote

oh absolutely, I noticed after 10lbs were gone I felt like a new woman :-D it makes such a difference :) keep up the good work, take it slow and steady and you'll find the perfect weight for you, everyone is different.

and never be scared to drink milk/have yogurt - its important for our bones as we age :) and theres protein in that as well, so it beneficial in more ways than one.
  • webbyno1
    Options

if you're worried about your calcium why not add a glass of milk each day?

yes I could what type, semi skimmed, skimmed, soya, full fat?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    semi skimmed/skimmed or other folk swear by almond milk too...not sure about soya personally, hopefully someone else can answer that :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    semi skimmed/skimmed or other folk swear by almond milk too...not sure about soya personally, hopefully someone else can answer that :)

What ever fits your macros for the day/week (Carbs, fat, protein) and micros (vitamins and minerals)
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a smaller frame/short torso and a similarly sized bust. I find that anything under 125lbs starts to look too thin since I am always fairly muscular when I'm active enough to drop that low. I also have to buy jeans in the juniors/teen department to fit my dimishing curves properly. 130-135lbs is usually a very comfortable weight to be able to maintain with reasonable exercise and eating reasonably normal, and I find that most women's clothing is cut to fit my curves well.