Alcohol Question!

Options
I am just curious as to what everyone is drinking when they're having a night out?? I drink alcohol once every 1-2 weeks, but when I do, I never make 'healthy' choices. I've tried over and over to enjoy beer, but I just hate it. My drink of choice lately has been Malibu Rum & Pineapple Juice. I know - HORRIBLE. I can only imagine the amount of calories/fat/sugar in one of those. I was disappointed this morning when I hopped on the scale and had only lost a half pound in the last few days. Unfortunately, I went out drinking Saturday night (probably having WAY too much), and I think that has a lot to do with my weight loss - or lack there of. I'm celebrating my birthday (at a bar) this weekend with lots of friends and family. I was hoping for some ideas on what sort of drinks I should try out! Thanks!

<3

Replies

• houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    Try any liquor that you like mixed with diet coke or club soda. I normally drink Rum and Diet Coke, or a flavored vodka with club soda (such as Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka or Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka).
  • sherbert0705
    Options
    Try gin and diet lemonade (if possible!), it's more of an old lady drink I know but I used to hate it and now I love it :) It's cheap too ha ha, but I find that lemonade doesn't have much calories in it...worth a try! Hope you have a good birthday!!! :D xxxx
  • katebjones
    katebjones Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love beer.. and its really hard for me to just have one. so when i feel like getting my drink on with out over doing it.. i will have Crown and diet cherry dr pepper.. actually pretty good. i get my fix.. and it only takes a couple. instead of drinking a 6 pack of beer.

good luck its your bday celebrate if you dont stay on track get back the next day.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Scotch on the rocks is my poison, or a Jack Daniels manhattan
  • kapotts
    kapotts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Clear alcohol has less carbs, so I drink stuff like Ciroc and sprite zero or reduced sugar cranberry juice. Sprite zero also tastes good with Gin. And white wine, like Pinot Grigio or Reisling only have about 105 cal per 5 oz.
  • amaldonado
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you (even thou its alittle early)!! Try Vodka and cranberry...they are very tasty
  • gypsyrosedog
    Options
    Rum & diet all the way! Vodka and diet 7-up or sprite a close second! I've also seen people down south (at resorts) order shots of vodka/white rum on ice and then add their own crystal lite from a water bottle...maybe an option for at home...lots of great flavor choices if you don't like carbonated drinks...
  • LABirdie
    Options
    My Fav is "The Harrison" (aka a version of the skinny girl margarita).

I was doing shots of Patron ~only 70 calories & gave up my Margaritas & mixed drinks....but then it was over too quick & I had nothing to "sip" on,....so, it was another round of shots. To say the least it wasn't working out to well. ;)

Anyhow, I was introduced to "The Harrison" while I was hitting the Georgetown scene on East Coast.

It's been my drink since.

1/3 Patron
    1/3 Lime Juice (fresh limes & throw some in the drink to look pretty)
    1/3 Soda Water

=) ~ A yummy drink to sip on with only the guilt of Patron.
  • laurnol
    laurnol Posts: 23
    Options
    Yep, I like cocktails, but since I've started I have really cut back, the other day I treated myself to 2 5oz glasses of wine. 260 calories. I guess you can have what you want, the fancier the more calories. Sorry,
  • LABirdie
    Options
    oohhh stirred over ice in a tall glass! It's been good to me.

832991.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Vodka/club soda with a splash of cranberry and squeeze of lime
    Bacardi/diet with lime
    Flavored vodka/club soda

Those are some low cal one's!
  • laurnol
    laurnol Posts: 23
    Options
    Ahhhhh Irish Whiskey only 69 calories per ounce, trouble is I want that as a double and repeated a couple of times.
  • mlgerde
    mlgerde Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can always bring some crystal light packets and mix it with vodka/water or vodka/Soda water if you want some fizz! There are lots of different flavors you can pick from. I use to mix the hawaiin punch and soda with vodka :)
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Just get a glass of water and take shots of straight liquor. lol :bigsmile:
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Hmmm. No Calories BUT you want a buzz. I knew a girl who drank club soda with a shot of vodka. Every other drink she'd just have a straight club soda! She'd not get as drunk - but still have a helluva night! Oh and she hardly consumed any calories!
    Personally I brew my own ales , dark porters/stouts. A little of what you fancy.....
    ALSO - when drunk many give into late night carbs and feasting.... then pass out without burning the calories.
    I believe you should feast once in a while and drink what you really enjoy!
  • meghan171
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions!! I have lots of options to try on Saturday!! :)
  • rach4444
    Options
    Or you could just make sure you drink enough of whatever your tipple is until you're sick. Sorted!

Only Joking - Have a good one.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose vodka, soda water and a squeeze of fresh lime. Refreshing, no extra sugar and minimal calories ;)