Can't get the weight loss out of my head

Options
Recently since past week or so I am getting so obsessed with the weight loss that I can't keep thinking about it .

More I think about it more bad I feel for not being able to lose a pound even after working out 5 times a week for past 2 months.

Every week Tuesday morning I step on the scale hoping the weight has changed by at least a lb only to see the same weight or slightly increased number.

It is so demotivating when I am watching my calories, eating right, exercising regularly ... I know I should not let the scale decide my achievements but I need to see some change in myself.

I have reduced a dress size and clothes are little lose now but then why is my weight not changing? I am just obsessed with that thought and I am spending hours on internet reading about weight loss plateau & muscle gain & what not ..

But all I want to know what is that I am doing wrong? I am putting in as much time as I can into exercise.. do I need to increase my workout intensity? I am not eating extra calories either....so I know my diet is not a problem ... then what is it ?
This is just so frustrating !

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I have reduced a dress size and clothes are little lose now but then why is my weight not changing?

you've lost a dress size, so whats the problem? who cares what the scales say?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking carefully? Logging everything? You should be losing if you are in a deficit.
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking carefully? Logging everything? You should be losing if you are in a deficit.

Yes I am logging everything and tracking right as well...I don't think I underestimate my intake .. I weigh some of my food not all though.
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    I say throw the scale out and use a measuring tape instead. You want to be smaller and since you went down a dress size its obviously working. *kitten* the number on the scale and embrace the numbers of using a measuring tape.
  • samonmission
    Options

you've lost a dress size, so whats the problem? who cares what the scales say?

I was thinking that for few weeks but now since last 2 weeks I am getting more and more obsessed with seeing some change on the scale.. I hate being that but its happening ... I tried doing my favorite things, watching fun movies, listening to music but at the end of it I start thinking about this same thing :ohwell: :frown:
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Yes I am logging everything and tracking right as well...I don't think I underestimate my intake .. I weigh some of my food not all though.

Weigh your food. You are probably eating more than you think. I am having the same issue currently, weight has stayed the same for 4 weeks now, but I have been knowingly eating over my goal by about 400-500 every day. If you're not losing weight then you aren't in a deficit.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Open diary? The scale hasn't changed in how long exactly since you've been watching everything? 2-4 weeks you may still be doing everything right and the scale may just not have caught up. 6-8 weeks I would expect to see some numbers changing

Open your diary here if you wish: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

For some tips on proper logging and why you may not be seeing results: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101

I'm totally shooting in the dark here since we don't know your weight, height, daily calorie goal, what your logging looks like, etc
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Key thing here: you're smaller.

Yes, yes, weighing our food, measuring our food, we might be eating more than we think. Which you should do, to eliminate all variables in the future for why weight loss might not be going as smoothly as you want.

That is, 9 times out of 10 (perhaps more than this), the reason someone isn't experience the loss they want.

However, you ARE losing inches and clothing is loose. That's not a plateau. That sounds like, while not muscle gain (outside of "noobie gains," it's borderline impossible to gain muscle at a deficit, especially for women), a reduction of body fat. That's, ideally, the best way to lose weight--keeping as much muscle, or lean body mass (LBM), as possible while shedding body fat.

If it's been about two months, you could see a loss even tomorrow--scale weight doesn't reflect the body fat changes as readily as measurements and calipers do, among other ways to test.

Be patient. I'm hesitant to recommend extreme rigidity for weighing food, as it sounds like you have a problem with obsession here (no shade--I'm the same way).

Certainly weigh your food and be as accurate as you can, but really, keep doing what you're doing... except for the scale. Step on it less. Go for taking pictures and measuring more. If you step on the scale, try going longer (even once a month!) between weighing. You're bordering into obsession, know it's not healthy, and one of the main ways to stop this mindset is to stop triggering it by stepping on the scale. Try focusing on fitness goals in the meantime.
  • samonmission
    Options
    Key thing here: you're smaller.

Certainly weigh your food and be as accurate as you can, but really, keep doing what you're doing... except for the scale. Step on it less. Go for taking pictures and measuring more. If you step on the scale, try going longer (even once a month!) between weighing. You're bordering into obsession, know it's not healthy, and one of the main ways to stop this mindset is to stop triggering it by stepping on the scale. Try focusing on fitness goals in the meantime.

I really felt good after reading your post .. yes I'll try to not step on the scale as much and try not to underestimate my intake ! I don't take much pictures more so because I feel even more sad ... but if I don't take them today I won't be able to see the positive change tomorrow