Hi, newbie alert!

Options
Hi,

I decided at the weekend that I have to do something about my weight...

I have a 7 month old daughter and TWICE at the weekend, I was asked when was my baby due and congratulated on being pregnant... (I'm not!)

Hopefully, this will work and help me along my path! :smile:

Replies

• rueann
    rueann Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW..I'm sorry that happened to you, but like you said, it may be a motivator to jump start your quest for a healthy lifestyle.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ow...that has happened to my wife a couple of times. Welcome...you will find lots of support and encouragement here. It's helping me stay on track. If you need a friend just add me.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined on 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds. I know you will love it here, lots of great
    motivation and support. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • sfran2
    sfran2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I work at a grocery store and an older lady asked me if I was pregnant... After I responded very offended, she said "Because I didn't want you to lift anything heavy if you are!" That was when I knew it wasn't just me that knew I needed a change!
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    I'm pretty new on this site too, but I'm in love with it!! Welcome to the helpful site :) Not only do you get to track your food and exercise, but the support on here is amazing!! Make some friends and trust me, it'll pay off!

Make sure you fill out your profile (about you, your motivation, your goals, as well as your starting weight and measurements) because you can gauge your progress and remind yourself why you're doing it!!
  • MizQui
    MizQui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya fellow Fitness Seekers - I'm new to the site. I found MY Fitness PAL (MFP) while researching a "calorie burn" counter for Wii's video game "JUST DANCE 2". Not only did I find a good caloric counter, but I also found my way to a great community. However, I never found the JUST DANCE 2 information that lead me here.lol! So far it's still a WIN.

I navigated around (on and off) for a couple of hours and decided to join. I've honestly been wishing a site like this existed...but had never heard of one, so I let it go. Today-- I AM HAPPY. Darn right giddy. lol!

I believe MFP will likely be my new best friend. I've downloaded the app onto my iphone and am sure to take it w/me everywhere I go. The site is so -- well thought out in it's sincere effort to assist the user. Awesome & KUDOS! I dig it.

I really think that by me VISUALLY seeing the calculation of everything I put in my mouth, (FOOD DIARY) will really help out a lot. It certainly did today and I have not passed my 1200 daily cal intake thus far. Now mind you it's only my first day but I'm very optimistic. I do believe that THIS will be a big help to me in my fitness quests.

Thanks to the developers and designers - job well done.
    :wink:
    Im excited to be here,
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    Hi, I too am new. xx
  • Sincidius
    Options
    Hi all,
    There are alot of people who are here with you, so keep that in mind. Its amazing how complete strangers help motivate each other, I've never seen anything like it. Feel free to add myself to your buddy list and most likely anyone else here. Its nice to get a pat on the back when your doing good (or the kick in the butt if you are slacking). Good luck to you all.