Muffin Top

I am SO happy with everything about my body. Accept my middle. I don't get it.

I feel like I'm working really hard, especially with my diet, but I'm not seeing a change. I lost weight quickly after I had my daughter but can't seem to shake this middle fat.

Anyone been there?

Any special tips?

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    If you are like me, it's mainly the last part of the lbs to my goal weight. Like literally the last 8 lbs will ALL come off mah belly :D I don't know how it does that, but it sure does, lol.
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    I'm there now. It seems everything is shedding off except it. :( All I can think of doing is squats..
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    keep calories steady, do some core work (helps you hold it all together better) and wear clothes that fit well around the middle!
  • Elevated abdomen crunches ensure you hit the target area. You won't bulk up and you'll tone just fine. Wishing you luck!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    In to vote to find a progressive weight lifting routine that incorporates core lifts (squats, deadlifts, overhead press). While fat is predisposed to come off wherever, strength training helps lower body fat percentage. I've been weightlifting for about 5 months now and I absolutely love it!
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    The only way I keep my middle in shape is doing a mixture of jillian michaels workouts. I know some people hate her, but every time I stop doing them for any length of time my waist is the first area to expand. I mix up 30 day shred, no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Thanks, everyone.

I am just back after giving up last time - same issue - but this time I'm hoping to be more determined about the outcome. I'm thinking about only counting inches instead of pounds. In fact I don't even have a scale right now.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    My middle was the first bit to go. Now my butt is a completely different issue...
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    If are swimming laps do lots of backstroke. Also snap your flip turns like your old coach is yelling at you.

Hiking hills has also helped me in the past...the more uneven the ground the better.