What the eat for snacks

Options
I just starting counting calories yesterday and I am finding it hard to eat HEALTHY snacks that are high in calories to reach my daily caloric intake. I am trying to lose weight and I usually have about 400-600 calories left after 3 meals a day unless I eat unhealthy snacks. Idk if you consider 2 tbs PB, vanilla Greek yogurt and 100 cal fudge dipped pretzels bad.

Will I still lose weight eating bad snacks as long as I reach my daily caloric Intake or should I eat a bunch of healthy snacks? I already feel like my 3 meals are large and don't want to over stuff my self.

What healthy snacks are high in calories?

Replies

• L_Fiction
    L_Fiction Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado is pretty high calorie but also full of goodness! I like to eat it with some sliced tomato with a little salt and pepper. And how about unsalted nuts?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "healthy" and "unhealthy" foods, so I don't know what to tell you. For me personally, I eat whatever I want within reason.
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat regular PB (2 tbs a day) and a quarter of a medium sized avocado. I guess I could bump that to half. I put walnuts in my yogurt.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If I am full, I don't worry about eating extra calories. One day, I may be good with 800 calories and then the next day eat 1600. It all balances out. I have never forced myself to eat when I am not hungry
  • twowheeltam
    twowheeltam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you want to bump up the calories and eat a filling snack, you could do a protein bar or snack bar. There are SO many to choose from! Fresh fruit can bump up your calories and if you're worried about carbs, stick with berries, especially raspberries and blackberry which are high in fiber as well.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to get out of the "good" and "bad" food mindset. It is not the type of foods that make a person gain or lose weight, it is the amount. (calorie deficit=weight loss and calorie surplus=weight gain) Eat the snacks that fit into your day.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a food that will magically make you stop losing weight, barring high-sodium ones that make you retain water for a while (but that doesn't really count, because it goes away and then you're fine). If you're hungry and still at a deficit, you can eat anything if all you care about is that deficit. And really, if you've been "good" all day, why not eat something for yourself?
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    califlower and hummus is one of my favs!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to get out of the "good" and "bad" food mindset. It is not the type of foods that make a person gain or lose weight, it is the amount. (calorie deficit=weight loss and calorie surplus=weight gain) Eat the snacks that fit into your day.

^^^This

I eat whatever I want for my snack as long as I can fit it in. I happen to like apples and V8 juice so i have that at work. When I get home my after dinner snack is usually some form of chocolate. I'm buying ice cream this weekend mmm
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Natural almonds are good. But cheese is the answer to everything.
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Where have you people been all my life?? I'm so used to my mom or friends saying I shouldn't eat certain foods because they make you gain!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Surprise! Its all about calories in and calories out. Now you may retain water on occasion if you go over your sodium but that goes away in a couple of days if you drink plenty of water.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

This ^^
  • iampurebeautie
    iampurebeautie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "healthy" and "unhealthy" foods, so I don't know what to tell you. For me personally, I eat whatever I want within reason.

i TOTALLY agree! Granted, ive cut down on alot of different foods... such as my carbs ... i still have a taste for a cupcake...or a Ice cream sunday or a bag of chips. Its all about moderation... I pretty much eat whatever I want ... just in moderation :-)

and to answer your question...and this works for me... If i have calories left over and im not hungry i just dont eat... i remember when i use to TRY to make sure i used up all my calories and somedays i felt like i was over doing it... some ppl might comment and say im wrong but I dont think ANYONE is wrong when it comes to listening to your body... My total a day is set at 1380... sometimes i barely hit 1100 and ive ate ALL DAM DAY. Somtimes you just need to listen to your body. And when i am alittle hungry my little 100 calorie packs and peanut butter always are a go to.

21874701.png
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want in moderation however everyone should try to eat foods that will fuel their body not empty calories. If you eat junk all the time but stay within your calorie limit I dont think you will feel or be at your optimum. That being said nothing you listed was awful .