Being overweight ends NOW!

Options
I am a My Fitness Pal rookie. I have used it for a couple of days now and I love it.

Replies

• kmkylemo
    kmkylemo Posts: 1,103
    Options
    This is my 2nd day on my fitness pal and it's awesome. I never knew how much I was over eating until I started logging it into the calorie counter.
  • jamikajohnsonthomas
    Options
    I love it, too. I'm only on my fourth day. I like how when you post ur foods for the day they tell you that if you eat like this day you'll either gain this many pds or gain this many pds. Love that feature. Welcome and good luck.
  • dmwmsonrn
    dmwmsonrn Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been overweight almost all of my life. Not like obese, but more like chubby. About a year ago I knew that I was going beyond my chubby stage when I no longer loved to go shopping for clothes. I want to love to shop again. I want to feel good about myself. I am ashamed of myself when I am at the park with my toddler and when I am out in public just in general.
    It's time for a permanent change. It's time to get healthy and enjoy life and retrain my brain about food.
    Good luck everyone! I'm going to love this journey!
  • dmwmsonrn
    Options
    It's really eye opening when you see how much you are eating. I was happy when I saw that I didn't use all of my calories yesterday. It's very encouraging.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating your calories. MFP sets a goal based on your age, weight, height and activity level. Also make sure you are weighing your foods. Guessing/eyeballing, homemade or * foods can be incorrect. Weighing (in oz or better yet grams) is much more accurate. Feel free to friend me for motivation or any advice :) Best of luck!
  • dmwmsonrn
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I am happy to take all advice. I do need to buy a food scale. I will put that on my list.