Late Dinner

Options
I was wondering what time you are suppose to stop eating? I get out of work late and then go to the gym so tonight we are not eating until 730ish i was wondering how bad that is for you

Replies

• T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I've heard stop eating 3 hours before bed.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 5:30 - 8:30 at night depending on the day and have still been losing weight. I've read it's a myth that eating late is bad to begin with

http://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/weight-loss/busting-10-diet-myths-10000001700385/index.html
  • mrssturgeon7911
    mrssturgeon7911 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also eat late. It has never affected me in the weight loss category. I know some people can't sleep well if their body is trying to digest...I eat anywhere from 6 pm to 9 or 9:30
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It honestly doesn't matter. Just realize that your weight will be slightly higher in the morning in correlation to the more food you eat later in the day.

That doesn't mean it is a bad thing or you will gain fat (as long as you have a caloric deficit)

It just means you have more food in your stomach at that one instance in time.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat immediately before bed, but as I go to bed late, it's not a problem usually. I workout at night and always eat a post-workout snack (which is meal-like, usually) anywhere form 8 to 10 at night. It's never affected my weight loss and as long as I don't eat RIGHT before bed, it doesn't bother my sleep.
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    Eat when your body feels like eating. Your body has a cycle that is unique to everyone else.

Our dinner's usually about 730-8pm. I go to the gym at around 930pm+. I previously showed up at the gym earlier but the New Year's Resolution crowd is in town so all machines are occupied until 9pm. Like accountant_boi, I always have a snack post-workout such as a can of tuna or egg white omelet. This has not affected my weight loss whatsoever.

I agree though that it may be uncomfortable to sleep immediately after eating. A couple of almonds probably won't bother your sleep but a bagel with the works will probably hamper your sleeping pattern.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    We have to eat late because of my kids' practice schedules. This actually works well for me, because I know exactly where I stand calorie-wise at the end of the day!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I always eat late because I work till 8 and most days I will then go to the gym and not get to eating till around 9! It's myth your body processes food late at night the same way it would at 8 am. You will be fine.
  • sehncw99
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the posts :) made me feel alot better about eating later!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It. Does. Not. Matter.

Your body does not know the time on the clock.

Eat when you're hungry!