HELP!! I cant loose weight

Options
I am a mid 30's female I weigh 163.6 lbs and 5'3.My BMI is like 30. I have been working out and eating light and healthy for 4 weeks now and cant seem to loose weight. I lost like 2.6 lbs in the first 2 weeks but have since gained it back. Hoping muscle. I am not hungry most of the time and have a ton of energy. But I am so upset that I have no progress in my weight loss. I am going to start measuring and trying to eat more calories but what do I do if im not hungry??? I usually burn between 200-500 calories a day. I spread my work out throught out the day is that my problem? I do the cardio all together then more later plus using my bow flex. HELP!! Im so discouraged.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You aren't likely to gain any significant amount of muscle if you're eating at a calorie deficit. If you've recently started or increased your workout routine you may be seeing some fluid retention in your muscles to help cushion and repair them from the exercise. That should be temporary and go away after a couple of weeks, though.

Are you tracking your food and staying within your calorie goal?

Including veggies, cheat meals, condiments, cooking oils, etc?

Are you using a food scale? Measuring cups/spoons? Or estimating portion sizes?

Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories, and if so what are you using to estimate your burned calories?

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us?
  • iWorkout4Vino
    iWorkout4Vino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel, I'm a similar weight and 5'5" so my BMI is slightly lower. I lose a couple of pounds then put it back on then stay the same, then lose it again etc, you get the picture! I'm trying to eat healthy and work out most days but as a full time working single mum, it's not always possible. At the moment I'm doing 6 week 6 pack 4 mornings a week at 05.30 as this is the only time I can fit it in. I'm targeted for 1200 calories a day and am eating back some of my exercise calories and I'm trying to eat healthy well balanced meals but can't seem to get the weight shifting.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and feel like I've been trying to lose the same 2 lbs for ever!!