Reaching 1200 without too many carbs

Options
Im a veggie and new to all this. I was on 1000 calories a day and feeling content with eating a small amount of say bread or pasta with 1 or two meals a day. How do I keep up my calories without boosting up on carbs?
More protein insted so say like a Quorn chilli without rice?
Ideas and advise would be great thank you :)
xxx

Replies

• rachaelski
    Options
    I think hemp seeds have quite a bit of protein. You can get them shelled at Whole Foods and other places. I add them to smoothies, soups, and other things. Do you eat eggs? A hardboiled egg for breakfast or a snack.
  • Skulldilocks
    Options
    Yeah some of the days this week Id havea boiled egg and toast for breakfast then normal meals and then still be under 1000 cals I just dont get it! lol
    x
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Soy protein shake as long as you aren't hungry.
  • Skulldilocks
    Options
    Why as long as you arent hungry? lol
    Also are these jsut any sort of weight loss drinks you get? I've seen lots of these shakes posted online but never irl, maybe its a US thing? x
  • rachaelski
    Options
    I looked at my food journal on here, and things like greek yogurt, kefir, and goat cheese are some of my big protein numbers. A cup of kefir is 10 whatevers of protein.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Because, if you are hungry you will want to eat some actual food instead of drinking a shake and still feeling hungry.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Because, if you are hungry you will want to eat some actual food instead of drinking a shake and still feeling hungry.

I have protein shakes when I am hungry and always feel satisfied.
    Can you use whey protein as a vegetarian? I use 2 scoops whey protein, 1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1/4 cup egg whites, 8oz milk and ice and it's low carb, high protein, and non fat. And it tastes like a milkshake, so I'm happy.

Peanut butter would be a good way for you to get more calories and more protein with no carbs. Also nuts, nonfat yogurts, veggies, protein bar, etc.