Alcohol and over-eating.

Options
Everytime I so much as sip a gin and tonic all I want to do is eat EVERYTHING! does anyone else have this?!

Replies

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    tbuhKxl.gif

Some people are just like this. It sucks, and it doesn't change.
    My "trick" is to make sure I have a pre-planned, -logged and -fitted meal for after I drink, and perhaps a snack for when the booze wears off. I can usually stick to that.

Either that or drink till I pass out...

ETA : out on the gin and tonic though, ew.
  • fleawill
    fleawill Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I have a hard time having one drink and food seems to go hand-in-hand with booze. I'm trying to limit the alcohol to only dinner and to make sure that the meal is pre-planned and healthy. Wine, liquor, and beer: they are my collective kryptonite and it doesn't help that I live in a part of the country where the alcohol flows as rapidly as the water. :drinker:
  • Hanowenho
    Hanowenho Posts: 24
    Options
    I like the preplanning idea!
    I also find there's a lot of social pressure to drink, you wouldn't force someone to inject poison or drink pure fat, so why force them to drink so mixh:(
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    1 - alcohol lowers your blood sugar which sends signals to your brain that you need to eat

2 - alcohol removes inhibitions and doesn't allow you to think as clearly as you otherwise would. Something that you would never consider sober (like eating an entire extra large pizza) becomes a completely acceptable thing when you've had a few drinks.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I think Kombucha is poised to become the new sexy drink! Now if only bars and restaurants would carry it! A fermented beverage, little or no alcohol content, low calorie, high probiotics and B vitamins, fizzy and fun flavors! Then when you become hooked on it, you can acquire a scoby and start making your own! I mean what's not to love!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Then don't drink gin and tonics often.

Problem solved.
  • BootCamper10
    BootCamper10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ok how and where do you get pictures like this one?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Alcohol gives me the worst munchies ever. Way more than herb. Like bottomless pit garbage disposal munchies. I feel your pain. If I know I'm going to drink, I try and conserve my calories throughout the day to use at munchfest, as I've come to realize there's not stopping it.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    I am actually avoiding a BBQ tomorrow evening because I feel like it would just wreck my week, especially because we're drinking again on Saturday. AND if I wait until Saturday I can get in a workout on the day of alcohol = not so terrible. LOL.