Looking for friends (have over 100 lbs to loose)

Hello I just joined MFP a couple days ago. I have over 100 pounds to loose and looking for friends to encourage me and for me to encourage as well.

I will tell you that I was sleeved on 5/29/14, (have wls), but it is only a tool. I have tried many many diets in the past and nothing worked for a length of time. One of my main problems is I don't eat enough, yeah, go figure! and when I do eat it is at night. I'm changing that and working on me. It is a learning process.

I know many people have strong feelings on weight loss surgery and honestly in January I wouldn't of thought about it. I got sick with a bad gallbladder in February and things fell into place for me. It made sense. I would never put anyone else's choices down and I ask if you are reading this please don't bash me either. Just kindly pass over this post if you want to bash me. Thank you.

With that all being said I would love to add people whether you had weight loss surgery or not, young or old, at the beginning or end or somewhere in the middle of your journey, 10 lbs to loose or 100, just looking for supportive ppl.

Thanks for reading and hope to find some friends

Replies

• pigtoprincess
    pigtoprincess Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome to MFP! :)
    I have around 90 to lose and it all sounds very daunting! I hope you find something that works for you! And it takes a lot of courage to go through a surgery like that so don't let anyone bash you for it, add me if you like! maybe we can countdown the lbs together

Kayla
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Hello! I'm not sure how much I have too loose but I'm guessing it'll be around 100 (depends how I feel as I get down) but I could use friends too. If you want to add me feel free! If not it's okay. :)
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    I'm here to lose 100 as well. But my first goal is to get to 180. Friend me if you like, I keep my diary open for friends.
  • Rachel_Louise85
    Rachel_Louise85 Posts: 26 Member
    Welcome to MFP! :) I have over 100 lbs to lose myself. I actually admire you for that, to be honest. I know it's a long and difficult journey and people should encourage each other, not put each other down.

I am also looking for friends on here. I am actually also considering the VSG and would love to have someone to talk about it.

If you are interested, please add me. I am a very active user on this site. (I record every day.)

edit:spelling! blah! ;)
  • Hello! I am needing to lose over 100 pounds. I am new to this website so it would be nice to have some motivators and me motivating people as well. Would keep this dieting interesting and exciting to talk about to better ourselves! I gained most of my weight through eating pastas, breads and potatoes. I was to the point where I was eating them in almost every meal. Needless to say it really put the weight on me. Here I am, age 22 and needing to lose 130 pounds. I was on a 7 day diet this past week and lost 11 pounds! :) Now I am on my own trying to figure out what to eat, what to not eat and how to exercise.
  • Hello I have approx. 40 pounds to lose.. Though I really don't know. I would love to weigh 125#'s then see where it goes from there. I am a stress eater and sometimes decide not to eat what I need to eat, but I am a great friend and I believe an amazing listener :P If you would like to add me I would love to make a new friend:bigsmile:
  • Everyotherday
    Everyotherday Posts: 237 Member
    You can do it! It may seem impossible at first, and it only gets easier if you enjoy it. Seeing yourself shed the weight is the greatest feeling in the world, but I didn't notice it personally myself - all my co-workers did. I am still working on losing weight myself, was 330 last year now I am down to 230. Good luck. If I can do it, anyone can.
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me! I have been on here for a while but dropped off for a little bit and trying to stay committed. Encouraging friends always makes the journey/lifestyle change better! :)
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    I am new to the MFP too, I have to loose 90 pounds, I would like friends to encourage one another. I ad mm ire you for having tge courage to do the sutgery, I would have bern terrified. I hope you all add me so we can walk thei journey together.
  • cristina548
    cristina548 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm here to lose until I feel healthy. I'm not really sure where that will happen. I'm happy for you and your decision to have surgery. Weight loss is hard for all of us, but sometimes it's what stands between misery and owning your own life again and that to me, makes it worth it. You gotta do do what makes you feel good. It's your body, only you live in it. I've been using MFP for the last 3 weeks and I've already begun to see my body change. I know I need support and encouragement too. Would you do me the honor of being my friend?