Most calories you've burned while working out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I think it's somewhere between 2,000 -2,500 when I do my half marathons.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    4600+ during 4:28 marathon
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used to plant trees for a reforestation company. My longest day planting was 13 hours and I planted over 4500 trees. I have no idea my burn but I am sure that would have been my most. I do know that summer I lost 38lbs in less then 3 months!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Don't even know, but I have done long runs, plated tennis for upwards of 5 hours straight, and if you looked at the hiking I do with a 40 pound pack over a week of hunting...that would be ridiculously high.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I feel so inadequate with my runs burning 100cal per km, 1500 for a 15k is where I max out. Seeing some people near 4000... Wow.

Stop with feeling inadequate. Don't compare yourself to others. I feel very smug (to me and myself) when I do lots of yard work or a sort of local ropes course and jack up the calories on everyday, mundane things. I admire the heck out of the folks posting here with their massive burns!! I simply not here to compete with that--out of my league!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My post wasn't supposed to be part of the quote!!! Tech-not-savvy.............
  • alannalemon
    alannalemon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    geez and i thought my 500 calorie (45 min sessions) were decent! i've got to step it up haha

but reading about everyone's amazing burns just reminds me that humans have the best endurance out of any animal, predator or prey! great job guys!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I burned 974 calories in an hour of walking on the treadmill...

5'2 female, probably 220 or so at the time, just a few weeks ago.
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    3,962 calories (via HRM) on a 6 hour long, 90 mile bike ride (and I was on the back of a tandem!). The mid-point of the ride was a stop at 3-Floyds brewery in Munster, Indiana. I feasted like a queen, and it was GLOOOORIOUS! All the foods and all the beers were consumed that day. :drinker:
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Stats? What did you do to burn that much calories and how long were you working out for?

This year?

66 mile gravel bike race on April 5th duration of 264 minutes - burned 4,061 calories.

Upcoming 50 mile mountain bike race in September where I will top that in duration and calorie burn.

Two of my team members biked across Iowa last weekend on gravel non-stop for 385 miles, from Friday 6 AM to Sunday morning 12:40 AM. One of them tracked his calorie burn at 21,300. Now that's a good calorie burn!

Story here: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/2014/06/12/bicycling-gravel-roads-decorah-hawarden-lansing-zeiner-sumpter/10388879/?fb_action_ids=['10202664487866880']&fb_action_types=['og.comments']
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Biggest burn ..... just over 4,500 calories running a marathon when I was 250lbs

Typical burn now ..... anything from 600 to 1000 calories on a gym workout which always starts with 5-8km on the treadmill
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Broke 1000 on Eliptical X-trainer in 65 min a couple of weeks ago. I was very happy! And sweaty.....
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The day before yesterday I went on a hike. Started at 7 o'clock in the morning and returned to the car at 8 o'clock in the evening, which means 13 hours of hiking, minus 2.5 hours of breaks. I only logged 500 minutes of hiking as I know mfp tends to overestimate and that made around 3,500 kcal.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    3600 calories, 5 hours, 20 minutes of Tough Mudder.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    2,942 in 4:07 doing a 100km bike ride